Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Wouldn’t be a bad choice... it’s not like this is wrapping up now.

and nice... we’ve reached the point where parents are threatening to sue the school district on the superintendents twitter page. Here we go

We got a 90 min delay here in West Hartford and I was like....so wait...for all the reasons people cite for a delay none are the case today lol.....it’s still snowing, sidewalks won’t be clear, road conditions won’t be better in 90 min....IDK...I don’t get it

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Someone from Taunton over to Bridgewater down to Carver will see 6”... Maybe Even 7”

The laughed off RGEM from 18z Sunday will end up basically being correct in this area snowfall wise

We still laugh since it gave ORH and Kev over 6". A lot of guidance had SE MA getting good snow. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We still laugh since it gave ORH and Kev over 6". A lot of guidance had SE MA getting good snow. 

Yes it was over done... but I don’t know how many other models had places seeing over 6” around here.

this was nexted and Meh’d by a lot of people, and it looks like towns and public works departments were caught with their pants down.

DPW was definitely not ready to go here, no question about it

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

We rip in the Scooter POS storm

I was ready to go scooter-meltdown the other day after the rain came in again over the weekend.  This little gem saved me at least for another week.

At Manchester now. Driving in was not too good.  Took 90 minutes to take a 45-50 minute ride in to work.  Maybe 2" here on the ground in Manchester but still ripping pretty good.

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yes it was over done... but I don’t know how many other models had places seeing over 6” around here.

this was nexted and Meh’d by a lot of people, and it looks like towns and public works departments were caught with their pants down.

DPW was definitely not ready to go here, no question about it

Ukie from yesterday will prob end up the most accurate for snowfall. It had like 4-7 down in SE MA. Models were awful in this...qpf was a disaster. The midlevels were definitely hinted at but most guidance never bit on the qpf. Ukie did well...was consistently pretty bullish. And some of the nowcast models like HRRR and RAP were definitely decent. Though even those were still underdone. Embarrassing performance from the Euro this event. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

And throw the NAM into the wall of shame too. Abysmal nowcast performance.

That 18z run from yesterday...had no measurable for almost all of RI and a good chunk of E MA. Maybe had a couple hundredths for like TAN. That's gotta be one of the worst NAM forecasts I've seen for a forecast under 18 hours. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

That 18z run from yesterday...had no measurable for almost all of RI and a good chunk of E MA. Maybe had a couple hundredths for like TAN. That's gotta be one of the worst NAM forecasts I've seen for a forecast under 18 hours. 

I put that up with the NAM run back on Feb 2014, I think maybe 2/16? It was that storm that got the Cape good. I got 6" and the 18z run that day had like 1.5" QPF for BOS and SE MA...lol. BOX bought into that and jacked up the snow only to be off by 50%.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I put that up with the NAM run back on Feb 2014, I think maybe 2/16? It was that storm that got the Cape good. I got 6" and the 18z run that day had like 1.5" QPF for BOS and SE MA...lol. BOX bought into that and jacked up the snow only to be off by 50%.

Oh yeah. It was 2/15/14. That Saturday event. I remember that. 

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie from yesterday will prob end up the most accurate for snowfall. It had like 4-7 down in SE MA. Models were awful in this...qpf was a disaster. The midlevels were definitely hinted at but most guidance never bit on the qpf. Ukie did well...was consistently pretty bullish. And some of the nowcast models like HRRR and RAP were definitely decent. Though even those were still underdone. Embarrassing performance from the Euro this event. 

Euro is just a disaster this winter

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I literally quoted that map saying that's what I think will come closest to verifying. Should have stuck to my guns yesterday am.

Great job tracking that H700 banding.

Edit: I quoted the UK from 12z Sunday. The UKIE nailed this one...

Archived