Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Mid/Long Range Discussion

George BM

33 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

One thing that the gefs and eps aren't seeing is a big event sun-mon. Very small minority showing 6" or above. That should give everyone pause about expecting a big thump even if temps break right. The vast majority of solutions that show snow are in the 2-5" range. 

Let's just get the brown grass covered for the appetizer.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I didn't see this posted today and just caught it. Geps has a half decent -ao block going at the end of the run. This is a really good look honeslty. 

gem-ens_z500a_nhem_65.png

That is a nice look, but will it be reality? lol

Would be nice to see the GEFS and EPS show more of that up top look.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I thought about doing the Borla cat back on my 6.4L but in the end the sucker has 470 HP and 465 ft lbs of torque. Yeah it's pretty quiet and the aftermarket exhaust would be louder and sound cool, but if it doesn't add any real power, and it really doesn't, it ain't worth a grand. I did invest in a tuner, mainly to disable that horrid MDS. I wanted my HEMI running on all 8 cyl all the time. Hated that crap. Its awesome with that shiit turned off, and it gets like 2 mpg less lol. Such a dumb "feature", but I know why they did it.

That's awesome. 

I put an off-road h pipe on my 13 mustang gt. Running e85 in it too, smells awesome and sounds nasty. Lol. 

Lets hope the trend of these events going south, north, and dry by the time they come into sweet spot range changes. Something has to give eventually...

1 hour ago, Interstate said:

Now that is a usual MA winter... always fearing the R/S line.

Be nice to fear the R/S line, IF  we ever have enough moisture.

I'll take the rain/snow line, as long as mappy, wxtrix, Chill, PSU and others there get a cold powder bomb.

It will be worth it.

36 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That is a nice look, but will it be reality? lol

Would be nice to see the GEFS and EPS show more of that up top look.

Gefs is sorta close but not nearly as sweet above Greenland. Still has a -ao though but until we see blocking set up in real time there is no way I'm buying it. 

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

I didn't see this posted today and just caught it. Geps has a half decent -ao block going at the end of the run. This is a really good look honeslty. 

I'm in the middle of getting some work done or else I'd go and check, but this is similar to what the GEFS yesterday (6z or 12z, I think?) showed at the end of the run with the AO, too.  The NAO region looks better here though IIRC.

29 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It means a series of crawling miller A's are on the way....lol...just kidding. I have no idea but my explanation sounds good. 

I have little to no understanding of the upper atmosphere, but I am 80% sure an RWP is referring to a Rossby wave. Source: https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/MWR-D-13-00371.1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Well, now we know where the rainy solutions on the ens are coming from. Stupid high due west is always a flag. 

Just go with the CMC tonight...has high pressure in southern Canada..it’s a good hit

1 minute ago, Interstate said:

Shouldn't we be happy there is just something to track?  I mean, it would only take a minor shift for something big.

This. Even a snow to rain event would be a win in my book. I do like how the Western Burbs who have been screwed this winterwould do well in this scenario. 

Just now, Interstate said:

Shouldm't we be happy there is just something to track?  I mean, it would only take a minor shift for something big.

Yes, we should definitely be happy it's not a flat southern wave this run. This is not the final solution. We'll have plenty more iterations. For once the trend to go flat/weak/non-event isn't happening in the mid range. It still snows before the gullywahser so that's good. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived