joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turd runs last night. But I'm not pulling the plug yet on this one. Vortmax is still pretty decent and takes a good track. 06z looked better. The thing comes onshore for 12z runs so we will see if it comes back a little. I think if it gets worse on the 12z suite then we are toast. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Turd runs last night. But I'm not pulling the plug yet on this one. Vortmax is still pretty decent and takes a good track. 06z looked better. The thing comes onshore for 12z runs so we will see if it comes back a little. I think if it gets worse on the 12z suite then we are toast. 

For Western areas the shades were drawn.  Down this way in SE MA and out in CC are still in the game imo.

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

For Western areas the shades were drawn.  Down this way in SE MA and out in CC are still in the game imo.

The entire region gets 1-2” at least. If the coastal comes west then higher amounts shift west. The IVT sets up somewhere in western areas. There’s lot at play that is unresolved.

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You guys would really prefer a 6th SB over a great feb/mar? SIX is THAT important over memories with your kids in thigh deep snows?

Well kind of kidding, but I’m close to throwing in the towel. I’m just done with this winter and the diseases coming with it. It better be a hell of a finish. They finally diagnosed me with pneumonia. So I got that going for me. 

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I agree. Shortwave will also be close enough to the Gulf to tap some extra moisture and pump downstream UL heights. 

I think Eastern SNE is still very much in the game for a 3-6” advisory level event. The Cape and islands still have low end warning potential imo. The +NAO/-AO combo though is going to make it difficult for anyone in NNE; it’s clearly going to gain more of an eastward velocity with latitude. That aspect isn’t going away. I’m not expecting anything more than a few inches here.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well kind of kidding, but I’m close to throwing in the towel. I’m just done with this winter and the diseases coming with it. It better be a hell of a finish. They finally diagnosed me with pneumonia. So I got that going for me. 

I had pneumonia every year the first 9 yrs of my life and since then I had been good for bronchitis and a sinus infection at least once per year. I had about a 2yr long sinus infection 2013-2015 and then in changing up my diet I completely ditched the dairy. I haven’t had any of those types of infections since. 

And in MPM fashion, to keep this a weather post, 13.9*

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Sux.  I feel for ya.  Way I looked at it was to get all those illnesses out of the way when they're young so they build up immunity.  But right now you're mired in it.  36/33 here

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I got pneumonia at the end of Nov. got diagnosed a week later. Effects lingered for nearly 6 weeks. Started feeling 100% now... but it’s a process.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Been a rough one for you, I get it, like many others. Puzzling the different strains of viruses that has dramatically increased this season. I had the stomach flu twice which I honestly would prefer the regular flu over. 

We almost there though, chin up.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know this is not the pneumonia thread..Scott, I will be 55 in a few weeks, 8 years ago had double pneumonia, knocks you on your a**, I got a pneumonia vaccine the following year if you will, as others stated not fun, rest....listen to your body

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh damn son.  I got a P shot last year 

37 minutes ago, TheCloser24 said:

Patriots winning a 6th Super Bowl would be something special. I haven’t seen it done in my lifetime since Jordan with the Chicago Bulls.

Which is why I wanna see 7!   ... But with Patricia and McDaniels leaving, there's a bit of brain-drain going on.  This leaves Belichick with a task of vetting the next offensive and defensive coordinators, and that's unclear how that's all going to go.  Plus, Tom Brady's age; despite the whole "Tom versus Time" thing, which I don't buy ... , he will be 41. When his particular genetics kick in, all the Avocado rubs and and Kale colonoscopies in the world won't help as much as he's diluted himself and the millions of people gullible enough to buy into his product-line believe he can prevent.  Some people crack at 34...some at 50... but we all do. And nutrition is important...of course, but there is only so much one can avoid.   

Anyway, folks ... we are right where we should be with any plausible event early next week.  As others have noted, ... any guidance showing nothing is about as useful as those that showed more.. It's really been about there being something in the time frame for interest the whole way.  Sometimes that monitoring gets more obvious sooner, ...given this things circumstances, that was not going to be the case. I'd also add, ...it seems by black-and-white content of posters that 12z this morning is some dividing line in time where data sampling should get more physical?  I don't think that is the case... believe it or not, it's Happy Hour where that gets denser... and then more so...00z's initialization tonight. That's always been the case by the way.

Archived