Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Not sure why you are being nasty.  Perhaps it's the long duration thaw we've been in. 

They turned out well, I won't deny that, and I'll gladly take those again. 

But as a WHOLE, the last two weeks of February can be iffy. And March is Morch....there's a reason it has a nick name. All I'm saying is it sucks to get big snows at the end of winter, which we are approaching faster than you think, even Tippy says so.  December was f'n awesome this year, I just wish we could have sustained through to mid-February than hit spring that's all.  

Kevin gave a nickname in 2012 when we could have called it June just as easily....fwiw.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Not sure why you are being nasty.  Perhaps it's the long duration thaw we've been in. 

They turned out well, I won't deny that, and I'll gladly take those again. 

But as a WHOLE, the last two weeks of February can be iffy. And March is Morch....there's a reason it has a nick name. All I'm saying is it sucks to get big snows at the end of winter, which we are approaching faster than you think, even Tippy says so.  December was f'n awesome this year, I just wish we could have sustained through to mid-February than hit spring that's all.  

Wasn't trying to be nasty...just not the way I see it at all.  And when I'm in the last week of January and I hear we missed out on the heart of winter, I just think it's such nonsense.  Like I said earlier...you aren't even in the snowiest time of the winter just yet.  I'm sorry if it came across nasty, I didn't mean for it to.

If it was July 26th right now...would you think that the summer weather was almost over?  Or there is only another two weeks of summer time warmth left?  If this was Feb 26th I'd agree with you on wasting the heart of winter.  But the heart of winter is upon us now and going forward....at least in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Kevin gave a nickname in 2012 when we could have called it June just as easily....fwiw.

Lol...yeah he took that nickname as something that was like common knowledge when it was literally made up by Kevin like 5 years ago.

March is a snowy month...esp where he lives.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wasn't trying to be nasty...just not the way I see it at all.  And when I'm in the last week of January and I hear we missed out on the heart of winter, I just think it's such nonsense.  Like I said earlier...you aren't even in the snowiest time of the winter just yet.  I'm sorry if it came across nasty, I didn't mean for it to.

If it was July 26th right now...would you think that the summer weather was almost over?  Or there is only another two weeks of summer time warmth left?  If this was Feb 26th I'd agree with you on wasting the heart of winter.  But the heart of winter is upon us now and going forward....at least in my opinion. 

Summer runs from second week of June until third week in August, after that and before that you can have a frost, so to answer your question....yeah I'd say it's over.  Spring and fall are SOOOOOO long here, you know? At some point its like OK we get it....just be summer already....or just be winter already!  OK enough banter out of me. 

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I knew there was a GFS replacement but have not heard of a NAM one.

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Which is gonna be a crappy ensemble system supposedly like the SREF.  I think the NAM upgrade has been postponed but my understanding is it wasn’t going to be replaced by a single model 

Yes, Your right, I wish i could find that article that i had read its going to have similarities to the SREFS, I want to say it was like a NBM (Nother Broken Model)..........lol

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yes, Your right, I wish i could find that article that i had read its going to have similarities to the SREFS, I want to say it was like a NBM (Nother Broken Model)..........lol

I believe the GFS is going to be replaced without a name change too.  I think it has a name that starts with an F but they either aren’t sure yet or have decided to just continue calling it the GFS to avoid confusion of a name change 

21 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

There must be a reason  I keep my winter tires on until around 3/25, and sometimes thats even too soon.  Seems every time I take them off earlier I get burned; its almost a self fulfilling prophesy.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Why are some so irritable?

We have had normal to slightly above snowfall, much colder than normal temps, and a pissah holiday period..including a xmas morning snowfall for many.

Wow.....even I can't complain, and that is saying something. 

everyone wants wall to wall snow cover i guess

Archived