joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya that pic of DIT? was definitely 2011......probably like the end of January.....epic epic stretch of snow that is the gold standard for me where my pack got up to 30”......my driveway looked similar and the sight lines at every intersection in west Hartford were non existent.....that was the stretch where roofs were collapsing every day and the hot item was the roof rake.....I could walk over the fence into the neighbors yard.....her dog vice versa.....it’s the goal I set every year to match or better yet best.....that season began with the fat Boxing Day debacle but quickly turned epic.....it ended first week of February but it was so amazing I was satiated enough for the season.....

I posted a bunch of stuff a couple days ago about my displeasure with this winter so far and got blasted by all for throwing in the towel too early only to read through the last few pages to see my concerns are valid.....drama aside.....not 20 min ago I watched our fav Ryan put up an absolute crap 10 day....he was was very professional about it....you could just tell he hated it......

As I said before I am in a holding pattern.....letting the steak marinade....I am not in any mood to be lenient on this season....Valentines Day LR models will tell the story of this winter.....

What does the 0z GFS say.....

26 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Ya that pic of DIT? was definitely 2011......probably like the end of January.....epic epic stretch of snow that is the gold standard for me where my pack got up to 30”......my driveway looked similar and the sight lines at every intersection in west Hartford were non existent.....that was the stretch where roofs were collapsing every day and the hot item was the roof rake.....I could walk over the fence into the neighbors yard.....her dog vice versa.....it’s the goal I set every year to match or better yet best.....that season began with the fat Boxing Day debacle but quickly turned epic.....it ended first week of February but it was so amazing I was satiated enough for the season.....

I posted a bunch of stuff a couple days ago about my displeasure with this winter so far and got blasted by all for throwing in the towel too early only to read through the last few pages to see my concerns are valid.....drama aside.....not 20 min ago I watched our fav Ryan put up an absolute crap 10 day....he was was very professional about it....you could just tell he hated it......

As I said before I am in a holding pattern.....letting the steak marinade....I am not in any mood to be lenient on this season....Valentines Day LR models will tell the story of this winter.....

What does the 0z GFS say.....

That was Connecticut's year but no way your snowbanks were as nicely sculpted as Kevin's :P. I thought you guys did better in 2015 but now that I think about it 2011 had a nice snow blitz for my area too. I'm hoping Ray's second half winter shows up in February, a few good storms in February and we'll all forget about this 3 week stretch.

8 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

That was Connecticut's year but no way your snowbanks were as nicely sculpted as Kevin's :P. I thought you guys did better in 2015 but now that I think about it 2011 had a nice snow blitz for my area too. I'm hoping Ray's second half winter shows up in February, a few good storms in February and we'll all forget about this 3 week stretch.

My banks were good.....maybe 6” to 12” shorter than Kevs....doesn’t matter.....J don’t use a snow blower.....I shovel....all manual....I sculpt and spend time filling in gaps and covering stuff that would be detrimental to melt.....the banks were taller than me.....taller than our Jeep Grand Cherokee.....opening our car doors was a problem....hit th bank every time....our icicles were to the ground....our roof held up.....it was and remains the most epic stretch in our short history here....the gold standard

7 hours ago, ice1972 said:

What and where is this?

Valentine's Day '15, aka Mid-level Magic in Cambridge. That was the storm where Jim Cantore famously geeked out over thundersnow in Plymouth. That section at the bottom of the picture is about an 8 foot wide, probably 6 or 7 foot deep berm of snow that was left over AFTER backhoes came through the neighborhood taking a lot of the snow out in dump trucks. 

37 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I could envision some mixed bag crap before it flips to straight rain and a run at 50

You CAD really well so maybe you hold it longer

There's a band of light WAA precip Monday/Monday night that still could be frozen right into interior SNE and cause a few issues. 

I'm skeptical of the warm front blowing into CNE Tuesday, but I do think most make it above freezing outside of the main CAD regions by the time the heavy batch of precip moves in. 

Archived