• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14 Kitchen Sink Storm Discussion

ORH_wxman

just went outside , very blustery with plenty of  snow blowing around already , 1/2 inch down everything covered and you can almost hear the crackle of everything freezing up if that makes sense..... amazing that i could feel like summer 60 degrees with that nice warm breeze when i filled up the car just 8 hours ago.

looking at the radar, and the latest model runs, appears as though the SREF lock for 8 inches is looking spot on....  and i could see how double digits is a real possibility 

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

Impressive rain event all of Narragansett bay into the southern halves of Bristol and Plymouth counties. Sad! Lots of flooded basements tomorrow am.

Wild night b/t the wind and rain. Very deep pack has been obliterated. Hoping cellar don't flood during the night.  Draining well for now.

2 minutes ago, FRWEATHA said:

Wild night b/t the wind and rain. Very deep pack has been obliterated. Hoping cellar don't flood during the night.  Draining well for now.

I think the flooding has been mostly minor......basement here is holding up.....just gotta make it through a few more hours.....should be ok

9 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Likely THE worst flooding on Diamond Hill I've ever seen.  Just drove in from Boston.  Fog wasn't bad but the rain has taken out the Snow.  A Rocky Marciano KO in 1 Round.  

There may be a Rhode island snow hole during big snowstorms but Rhode island is in the bullseye for this rain event. I'm expecting flooding headlines at daybreak and I suspect some folks will be caught off guard.

Archived