joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4th Coastal Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, congrats to the Euro, and I guess the NAM at the last second. They seem to be the big winners on this one. Euro was steady as a rock. GFS almost had a win until it decided to push the precip much farther west yesterday. I guess if you are still sitting under one of those bands, you might have picked up a couple inches or slightly more. Think I maybe got an inch. Hope the Monday deal trends better and we finally get a real snowstorm. The shots from OC look awesome. Great storm for them down there. Ripping snow and wind. Cool stuff.

9 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Well, congrats to the Euro, and I guess the NAM at the last second. They seem to be the big winners on this one. Euro was steady as a rock. GFS almost had a win until it decided to push the precip much farther west yesterday. I guess if you are still sitting under one of those bands, you might have picked up a couple inches or slightly more. Think I maybe got an inch. Hope the Monday deal trends better and we finally get a real snowstorm. The shots from OC look awesome. Great storm for them down there. Ripping snow and wind. Cool stuff.

Euro smoked crack overnight dude

Probably just under an inch here in Columbia.  Grass more covered than on the weekend when we had 0.6", so probably 0.8-1".  All blowing around.  A couple flakes still falling, or mostly going up in the breeze.  

Damn, Euro last night weenied out on us and blew it.  

42 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Most likely because some of us actually work, and don’t think it’s worth staying up for 1-2” of snow.

Well, I actually work. I am a 47 year old female that has owned my own business for 23 years  in Richmond. Look it up, called The Brake Stop, Inc. Hubby and I do well, therefore, I do not have to go to work under said conditions that occurring right now. I am not a basement student. I just love weather!!

Sorry, can delete. I should have sent this in a PM. I just found it wrong to assume what type of person I am.

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Probably just under an inch here in Columbia.  Grass more covered than on the weekend when we had 0.6", so probably 0.8-1".  All blowing around.  A couple flakes still falling, or mostly going up in the breeze.  

Just looked at it. If I had seen it i would have wigged out about the forecast and having not seen it, the forecast ended up being OK. 

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

All the models went full weenie on us and sucked us in while we extrapolated radar returns and bombofrontogenoseses.

4 minutes ago, ATreglown said:

Well, I actually work. I am a 47 year old female that has owned my own business for 23 years  in Richmond. Look it up, called The Brake Stop, Inc. Hubby and I do well, therefore, I do not have to go to work under said conditions that occurring right now. I am not a basement student. I just love weather!!

Congrats on having a thriving business!

The rest of us love weather, too, or else we wouldn’t be here. It’s just that (and I should have worded this better before) some of us don’t have the luxury of staying up all night for a light snowfall. 

3 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

Just looked at it. If I had seen it i would have wigged out about the forecast and it having not seen it, the forecast ended up being OK. 

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

All the models went full weenie on us and sucked us in while we extrapolated radar returns and bombofrontogenoseses.

I always want to go back and do some verification after events, but I don't save model runs and never do it.  Sounds good though ;)

GFS forecasts will probably look pretty good once it got a clue that we'd get precipitation.  RGEM maybe with extent?  Yesterdays' 18z RGEM holds up well in totals and extent.  

15 minutes ago, ATreglown said:

Sorry, can delete. I should have sent this in a PM. I just found it wrong to assume what type of person I am.

No need. I jumped on your post and own up to it!

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's not only about the snow for me . I absolutely love tracking big storms like this . A truly historic bomb that was epic on satellite starting last evening watching it explode into a mature beast . 93 was the last . Probably be a long time before we see a winter  low this strong at our lat.....real cool stuff...imo. 

1 inch with 40 mph gusts is a win for me as far as my own yard...

I’m an IMBY results kind of guy, but I understand that some folks are also in it for the scientific aspect of it.

To each their own!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived