Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I still think this is one of those deals that corrects west up until game time. Possibly such that the Cape runs into type probs. Gonna be a lot of latent heat release down south pumping heights.

100% agree. This has big amounts into W NE written all over it. These big ones do it everytime . You’d think some of these guys would get it after all these years. Kudos to Scooter for sniffing it out 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

100% agree. This has big amounts into W NE written all over it. These big ones do it everytime . You’d think some of these guys would get it after all these years. Kudos to Scooter for sniffing it out 

and Will too, and some other Mets for staying with it despite what models showed.  Meteorology not modelology.  Now lets see what happens.

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think "big" amounts are limited to under 18" anywhere you look.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, there could be some amounts greater, but I wouldn't go there yet...trucking along.

I dunno, that little sucker last winter was in and out faster than this and there were widespread 14-17" reports. This is gonna be juiced and more intense. Jan '11 was a quick hitter too and I pulled 27". We'll see, I suppose. Every system is different.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I didn't sniff anything out...I think we were just saying to..

a) watch these srn interactions..

b don't let the NAM or GFS sway you from swan diving off any object greater than 100' tall. 

Scott, still days away, should I be following GFS now or that is still garbage till 24 hours before event?

5 minutes ago, 512high said:

Scott, still days away, should I be following GFS now or that is still garbage till 24 hours before event?

GFS is getting a clue.  Track margins have narrowed pretty significantly.  Even the amped GEPS are now offshore with track.  12z today should really hone in on that and we can than start focusing on the other details.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes Will too especially with the idea to not use the globals until day of and use hydrostatic 

I'm definitely going to put some credence into the "juicer" hydrostatic runs starting today.  We've seen the Euro and GFS bumping up their output overnight and I think we see it continue today.

Archived