Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upton is being awful optimistic with still going with 1-3 inches south of Orange County. Just looking at the setup; no cold high/confluence to our north, a decently strong surface primary still projected to track up into Lake Ontario, a secondary coastal transfer not happening until late, by Cape Cod, a bad 850mb low track that brings WAA in the mid-levels, a bad boundary layer to start off with...I’m not sure how south of Orange County isn’t all rain tonight. I guess we’ll see, but it does not look good at all for anyone south of I-84 IMO

48 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Upton is being awful optimistic with still going with 1-3 inches south of Orange County. Just looking at the setup; no cold high/confluence to our north, a decently strong surface primary still projected to track up into Lake Ontario, a secondary coastal transfer not happening until late, by Cape Cod, a bad 850mb low track that brings WAA in the mid-levels, a bad boundary layer to start off with...I’m not sure how south of Orange County isn’t all rain tonight. I guess we’ll see, but it does not look good at all for anyone south of I-84 IMO

Steve D just tweeted my concern over the 850mb low track. As far as the boundary layer, I’m sitting at 37 degrees with east winds currently, so not a good surface to start with. Like I said, I think Orange County north does well 

3 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Not that they'll admit it. Some were so confident we would at least get 1-3" from this so I went with them but they were wrong. 

It's a very minor bust but a bust regardless.

7 ays ago when you were calling for 60 and rain the forecast that went out on 3 sources was the following 

NYC a C to an inch 

N and W 2 to 4 

H/V  4 

You idiots called for 60 and rain vs that forecast ,  thats not a bust in any universe.

If NYC sees a flake after what you fools were portraying in here only you will bust.

In fact if it's 33 and Rain you will bust 

1 hour ago, PB COLTS NECK NJ said:

Dopes up N complaining about 1 tor 2 when they humped a SE ridge and 60.

And no one ever cracks down on here 

You just did and rightfully so lol.   I'm not into hiding a ton of posts unless there's a big impactful storm threat.  Most of us remember the calls and who's full of crap and who's not.   

10 minutes ago, Rjay said:

You just did and rightfully so lol.   I'm not into hiding a ton of posts unless there's a big impactful storm threat.  Most of us remember the calls and who's full of crap and who's not.   

I know , but you and BX do a really good job in here , they just kill the disco sometimes.

Thanks man , I think we rally next weekend 

5 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

January 2011 had that. We had a sleet thunderstorm in LB with winds gusting to 60ish. By far the heaviest sleet I have ever seen

Yes and some kind of rotation just off the south shore? In the evening before it changed to snow, just as the second batch of precip started up.

Archived