Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This is pretty similar to a slightly more east version of 12/15/89 bust.  I haven’t looked at the CIPS page but I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if that was one of the analogs.  This one is somewhat less deep at 500 over the OH Valley but the setup is similar if you ask me.  I don’t think we see much in the Metro at the moment but the door is open for that to improve slightly.  

What caused that bust in Dec 1989? I vividly remember that "snowstorm".  What about the Feb 1989 bust, another one that stands out?

38 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The 3km has a gravity wave looking type squall line coming through early Christmas morning. Heavy rain changing to snow. Very strong wind gust potential especially Long Island South Shore.

wrf3km_radar_boston_46.png.daea2cc8f0c83c46cd241d427e4ce96f.png

wrf3km_gust_boston_47.png.210c6375053de9dad5c44a8bf7ef70d2.png

Nam definitely brought more snow down to the coast. Hopefully this holds true with 12z runs.

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

GFS ticked east and has mostly snow for inland areas to the north and west of the NYC area.

It’s snow once you get up into Orange County, even up here in Rockland County it looks like rain to start out tomorrow night, the 6z and 12z runs definitely warmed things up a bit for areas south of Orange County 

45 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

It’s snow once you get up into Orange County, even up here in Rockland County it looks like rain to start out tomorrow night, the 6z and 12z runs definitely warmed things up a bit for areas south of Orange County 

Saw it was snowing this morning in Monticello but not Mt Pocono.

2 hours ago, EastonSN+ said:

Nam definitely brought more snow down to the coast. Hopefully this holds true with 12z runs.

3 hours ago, bluewave said:

The 3km has a gravity wave looking type squall line coming through early Christmas morning. Heavy rain changing to snow. Very strong wind gust potential especially Long Island South Shore.

Cool a microversion of March 2010 ;-)

6 hours ago, bluewave said:

that is one of the most bizarre things I've seen modeled

Archived