• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

If y'all are having trouble following my train of thought, I'm discussing what transpires tomorrow will have an impact on what occurs with this storm threat.  If we see a weaker further east solution tomorrow as Will and other believe, we will have better antecedent conditions over a broader area than is currently shown.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GEM gets the low level center going a bit sooner so it's colder than the GFS. You also have a pretty favorable high position on this, so it's going to be hard to penetrate a lot of BL warmth far inland...if we get that dual low structure with one in NY and the other near the Cape, then you will have some problems along the immediate coast, but I'm not sure I would be worried about it more than 10-15 miles inland...and everything probably crashes E/SE throughout the event.

you are my ampol friend so i'm counting on you:)

am i ****ed in coastal connecticut with this?  Old Lyme area exit 67-69 on I95.  Maybe 5 miles inland from the coast and right on the river.

5 minutes ago, Akeem the African Dream said:

you are my ampol friend so i'm counting on you:)

am i ****ed in coastal connecticut with this?  Old Lyme area exit 67-69 on I95.  Maybe 5 miles inland from the coast and right on the river.

May have some rain early on, but I think it will go to snow during the morning...it's still a bit uncertain on if it will be a couple inches or something more.

26 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

If y'all are having trouble following my train of thought, I'm discussing what transpires tomorrow will have an impact on what occurs with this storm threat.  If we see a weaker further east solution tomorrow as Will and other believe, we will have better antecedent conditions over a broader area than is currently shown.  

I'm not sure it ends up being a huge deal either way since the ML center track hasn't shifted much on guidance and that is the driver of the CAA....We do get cold air advection behind tomorrow night's system. It's not prolific, but it should bring lower TD air in and reset the table for snow. SE MA may have some problems early but as long as the low tracks out over like ACK or the outer cape or something, I'd expect a flash back to snow even there.

As for whether the actual surface low tracks west of us or not tomorrow night...it could easily be the type of thing where a primary makes it into NY State so it's technically west but there is a "split" in the pressure field from CAD and another low center goes over the Cape, so now you have one east of us as well...we see this a lot in big CAD setups. Then for the interior, the max temps may occur when FROPA happens and they mix out. How much mid-level push behind tomorrow night's system occurs will be key...which is why I don't think the sfc low track matters too much. Hopefully we see a good push so the baroclinic zone is not right on the coast.

2 minutes ago, Akeem the African Dream said:

whats a reasonable worst case scenario for me?

all rain?

Depends on how we define reasonable...all rain is plausible, but I'd probably not forecast all rain there. But it definitely cannot be ruled out. A more likely "ugly" scenario is probably mostly rain but then ending as a burst of 1-2" of snow. The 12z models so far have been a bit more tucked in to the coast than I'd like for that area, but model guidance has been pretty volatile on this system, so not sure it means too much yet.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Depends on how we define reasonable...all rain is plausible, but I'd probably not forecast all rain there. But it definitely cannot be ruled out. A more likely "ugly" scenario is probably mostly rain but then ending as a burst of 1-2" of snow. The 12z models so far have been a bit more tucked in to the coast than I'd like for that area, but model guidance has been pretty volatile on this system, so not sure it means too much yet.

cool

my expectation is maybe for an inch of frozen slop and crusted over grass at the end of it all.  still holding out hope and wishing for more

honestly thats kind of a win.  on my way to a high in the low 80's here today with my dew point hovering around 70

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That's a congrats N & W of 1-90.

What is west of I-90?

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Whatever trees don’t come down in CT from the ice will come down Xmas morning on the Gfs 

Hasn't the ice situation been really tempered by the 12z models?  They seem much less encouraging than what we had a 00z and 06z.

Irrespective of that, I'm loving the GFS/CMC combo.

Archived