Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

Just now, weathafella said:

Ri

That’s absolute bs.   Sure if you use surface temps but 925 doesn’t get taint past a Boston to pvd line.  Seriously son learn at least a few things from the pros here.

It's what it shows Jerry, whether it's correct is debatable.  The "warmth" is clearly at the surface up to about 950mb

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GEM gets the low level center going a bit sooner so it's colder than the GFS. You also have a pretty favorable high position on this, so it's going to be hard to penetrate a lot of BL warmth far inland...if we get that dual low structure with one in NY and the other near the Cape, then you will have some problems along the immediate coast, but I'm not sure I would be worried about it more than 10-15 miles inland...and everything probably crashes E/SE throughout the event.

15 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

The antecedent air mass is garbage for this.  There is about 18-24hrs between the cutter and this for recovery before onset of precip.

The storm that passes us tomorrow becomes a semi 50/50 low.  There is plenty of time for the cold front to move in setting up the stage for Christmas.  I'm not worried about uppeer and Midlevel temps.  The only real BL level temps I worry truely about are around the Providence to Tauunton to the far south shore sort of situation.  There you may go to a wetter  type snow with some light chilly rain as the storm makes its closest pass.  Otherwise you should do the same it not somewhat better than the first snowstorm we had over a week ago.

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

A "cutter" in his world is W of Syracuse.

I think I know what he's saying.  It's the Primary low that looks like it wants to cut but instead helps the the redevelopement off the coast become our Christmass snowstorm.  That primary low that goes through the eastern Ohio valley is NOT the dominant low. It weakens and dies.  Not a true cutter at all.

Just now, Greg said:

I think I know what he's saying.  IT's the Primary low that lokks like it wants to cut but instead helps the the redevelopement off the coast become our Christmass snowstorm.  That primary low that goes through the eastern Ohio valley is NOT the dominant low.

No, he's talking about tomorrows storm/low...it may cut west up through NW CT.  

Just now, Greg said:

I think I know what he's saying.  It's the Primary low that looks like it wants to cut but instead helps the the redevelopement off the coast become our Christmass snowstorm.  That primary low that goes through the eastern Ohio valley is NOT the dominant low. It weakens and dies.  Not a true cutter at all.

Here is the GFS 18z tomorrow.  That's W of us.  Brings a lot of low level warmth into the area that needs to be scoured out ahead of this event.  Now this may or may not track as modeled on the majority of 12z guidance today.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_5.thumb.png.239d9eff2bfccb9a5188ceec2966dc53.png

Archived