• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9, 2017 - Storm Discussion (Breaking the seal on the season for many)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, snowdazed said:

Darn it, I had plans for Saturday night. :(

(It looks like Kent County may get pasted. :P )

Yep, I have to get into Boston on Saturday. I hate when they come on weekends, but I guess all signs point to 4-8 at this point as much as I want this to pull a Jan '15 "peanut" low screwgie. 

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol.  Back to that.

Looks like a KTOLLA jack on the GFS for ya... best combo of moisture and temperatures there in CT/C.MA with mid-level banding to boot.

SCosRQs.png

Despite having 2-4” since Monday while most here were thinking OTS.. we are gonna have to take em up to 4-7”. I think 5-6” will be common and whomever jacks locally will see 8”

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Despite having 2-4” since Monday while most here were thinking OTS.. we are gonna have to take em up to 4-7”. I think 5-6” will be common and whomever jacks locally will see 8”

I'm legitimately impressed you haven't started slamming 8-12" for everyone yet. You're showing reasonable restraint.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I'm legitimately impressed you haven't started slamming 8-12" for everyone yet. You're showing reasonable restraint.

I think some folks have me all wrong. I usually am very close on my storm snowfall numbers. I won’t go ballz deep unless I see a reason. I don’t see this one doing that. It’s moving too fast and duration of mod- heavy snows is too short 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think some folks have me all wrong. I usually am very close on my storm snowfall numbers. I won’t go ballz deep unless I see a reason. I don’t see this one doing that. It’s moving too fast and duration of mod- heavy snows is too short 

Ha...you don't have me convinced, but for this storm, I agree with you...it will be hard to get completely slammed with the speed. But it could still happen if all the ducks line up. It wouldn't shock me to see some double digit lollis in a few bands...but I'd want some better model consensus and also it would help if we can get an extra 2" out of the currier and ives hang-back snows to top it off.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ha...you don't have me convinced, but for this storm, I agree with you...it will be hard to get completely slammed with the speed. But it could still happen if all the ducks line up. It wouldn't shock me to see some double digit lollis in a few bands...but I'd want some better model consensus and also it would help if we can get an extra 2" out of the currier and ives hang-back snows to top it off.

Wow for you to go double weenies is impressive . 

Seens like one of those deals where you wake up Sunday AM and it’s still snowing and accumulating and you just feel overwhelmingly happy and don’t look at the radar so you have no idea when it will end 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wow for you to go double weenies is impressive . 

Seens like one of those deals where you wake up Sunday AM and it’s still snowing and accumulating and you just feel overwhelmingly happy and don’t look at the radar so you have no idea when it will end 

If you get 15:1 fluff with the Currier it would not be a far fetch. But like Will said...gonna need some agreement. 

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s a colossal Harvey bust from yesterday. I refrained from saying anything then but I don’t know how he could have forecast that . Tip needs to exchange an email with him.. find out what in the sam hell happened 

I don’t think you just on a 3 day extended that gets corrected in time.

Archived