joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday was the perfect storm for a major mental meltdown and almost cost me my weenie soul.  I was watching 18Z come in...Bob chimed in about how bad it was...the news said "big warm up this week"...kids asked if we would have a white Christmas...and my wife reminded me to change the filter in the AC and I was wondering if I would have to turn it on. 

So I did what anyone in this situation would do..I grabbed the Jack Daniel's and lit the Christmas tree on fire.   

9 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Absolutely.  Get me the White House and call a press conference...and I mean now!

:D 

43 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

If the cold won't come to me for Christmas, I will go to it. Going 200 miles west to outside of Pittsburgh for our tryst. The cold is a fickle mistress so you have to go to extra lengths to woo her.

we are traveling too, Christmas day, down to the eastern shore. So I'm okay with a warm one. If it snows, I'm cool with it happening Christmas Eve so we can still travel. 

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

:D 

we are traveling too, Christmas day, down to the eastern shore. So I'm okay with a warm one. If it snows, I'm cool with it happening Christmas Eve so we can still travel. 

lucky.  The eastern shore is God's gift to mankind.  hope to retire there someday but its just not fair how much houses cost. unless you don't want to live near the water but then what's the point.  I don't think you will have issues with 24th..it never snows on Christmas eve or day...that much is established.

4 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

lucky.  The eastern shore is God's gift to mankind.  hope to retire there someday but its just not fair how much houses cost. unless you don't want to live near the water but then what's the point.  I don't think you will have issues with 24th..it never snows on Christmas eve or day...that much is established.

We will deal with it no matter what, unless of course its an epic blizzard or ice storm. 

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Beach? Be sure to post some bikini picks for us perverted old men. ;)

Ha, nah, inland. Salisbury. Have family there, who is hosting this year. Then staying in town for a few days to visit friends and my FIL. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

We will deal with it no matter what, unless of course its an epic blizzard or ice storm. 

Ha, nah, inland. Salisbury. Have family there, who is hosting this year. Then staying in town for a few days to visit friends and my FIL. 

hopefully near Snow Hill...it hardly ever lives up to its name..except this year of course...but what a name for a town...everyone in the forum should live there just because of the name

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

hopefully near Snow Hill...it hardly ever lives up to its name..except this year of course...but what a name for a town...everyone in the forum should live there just because of the name

haha nah, Snow Hill is further south in Worcester County. I'll be in Wicomico. But I agree, that town probably doesn't live up to the name. 

Well, I'm in a town that lives up to it's name. Hopefully there is snow on Christmas so the kids can play with Santa Claus. I agree mitch, the 06z GEFS has cold that that is something I take seriously after 12z yesterday and 18z showed the same cold air making it south. Prepare the egg nog and hot chocolate and so as the fuzzy socks because I'll be indoors! 

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

Yesterday was the perfect storm for a major mental meltdown and almost cost me my weenie soul.  I was watching 18Z come in...Bob chimed in about how bad it was...the news said "big warm up this week"...kids asked if we would have a white Christmas...and my wife reminded me to change the filter in the AC and I was wondering if I would have to turn it on. 

So I did what anyone in this situation would do..I grabbed the Jack Daniel's and lit the Christmas tree on fire.   

Hope you didn't kick the puppy too. That would just be wrong. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived