joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t have the time for yard cleanup.I’ve never paid to have it done before. What’s a reasonable rate for having an acre ‘professionally’ done? amd what if the perimeter is surrpunded by trees..all them leaves gonna blow back eventually during next damaging wind storm. Maybe it’s pointless to do it in the first place? Tough call. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I don’t have the time for yard cleanup.I’ve never paid to have it done before. What’s a reasonable rate for having an acre ‘professionally’ done? amd what if the perimeter is surrpunded by trees..all them leaves gonna blow back eventually during next damaging wind storm. Maybe it’s pointless to do it in the first place? Tough call. 

I pay $300 for cleanup.  A lot of debris every year.   After I retire I’ll consider doing it myself.  Another $300 in spring plus gardening all summer.  I probably pay $3k annually not counting snow which hopefully will be a lot this year.

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It depends on a lot of things. Do you want the leaves picked up or can they be blown into the woods or another area on the property? That literally makes a 2-300$ difference in some cases. How thick are the leaves covering the yard? Is their bigger debris that needs to be hauled away?

I worked for a guy and he factored in a bunch of stuff. Obviously... if extra truckloads if branches etc need to be hauled away, it raises the cost, as does having the leaves hauled away, as usuaally the landscaper has to pay to dump them somewhere.

Without looking at your yard... I’d say 500$ minimum is a good place to start... reality will probably be closer to 600-700$ though

sorry mods, move this to banter if needed, thanks.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thanks Yea it was rhetorical question to thosknowo are on the cold and dry bus , see U winds on the Euro and GFS kids

I like to read AFD's from all over the path of a future potential storm. I Know in this pattern w Placement and orientation (N-S) of ridging That we Could wind up quite the system at about 2.5 days  lead time.

Thats why im not counting on or out anything from friday to sunday.

Archived