Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Long Range Disco

Bob Chill

10 minutes ago, WhiteoutWX said:

Operational Euro looked like it was trying to breakdown the North Pacific pattern toward the end of the run, which is in contrast to the GFS/GEFS/EPS. 

Has a lot more troughing over Alaska and a much weaker west coast ridge than the other models.

I actually thought the EPS was trending stronger and stronger with the ridging the last couple days , wonder why the OP is doing this. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, WhiteoutWX said:

Operational Euro looked like it was trying to breakdown the North Pacific pattern toward the end of the run, which is in contrast to the GFS/GEFS/EPS. 

Has a lot more troughing over Alaska and a much weaker west coast ridge than the other models.

I dont much care what an op run shows at LR when the EPS has a long wave pattern that is locked in and pretty much drool worthy through day 15 ;) 

I might be a tad more concerned about the GEFS retrograding the long wave pattern some though.

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

I haven’t totally given up On that yet

When I see the trough pulling northward with a negative tilt shortly after the front I have to believe that there is an opportunity for something to develop on the front or drop in from the west a day or two later. If that is the case that may be something that pops up just a few days before the fact.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm good with the entire run. Near perfect trough axis for cold and storms here. We'll likely get the cold...storms are always elusive suns of beeeoytches 

Yeah, honestly this is the first full run of the EPS I’ve looked in great detail yet this winter; certainly got me excited.  I’d rather roll the dice with storms when we have cold in place.  Too many times we’ve had a storm but sat at 35/rain.  I’d be shocked if we go into January with 0.0” on the board.  (Ducks)

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

When I see the trough pulling northward with a negative tilt shortly after the front I have to believe that there is an opportunity for something to develop on the front or drop in from the west a day or two later. If that is the case that may be something that pops up just a few days before the fact.

I can’t see maps but I’m liking what you guys r selling. Need some help from southern steam if we want to go BIGer with storms but I’m guessing most would be giddy with bundles of energy from the north every couple days. 

Nut. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived