Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Long Range Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Overall real nice op run thru 10. No doubt more to come. Eps should  be interesting 

Verbatim, the euro makes the transition to winter very interesting.  Highs near 60 on Tue --> Slushy accums Fri with highs in the 30's --> 1-2" on Sunday with Highs in the 20's --> Lows Monday in the low teens.  Who knows if this is the way it plays out but it is encouraging to see as we get closer things are looking a little more interesting.

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s a beaut. I’m not concerned at all with any of the potential shortwaves. I want to see how exactly the pattern lines up and will go from there. One step at a time for me as usual.

We’ll be well in the game with this kind of setup. 

Absolutely.  See how the pattern sets up and take our chances with the waves.  I do like how EPS seems to be honing in on a potential EC storm on the 14th/15th.  Same storm that GFS has been toying with too.  I’m so ready for some 1am Euro runs over the next few weeks.  

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The 15th has looked favorable at h5 on the GEFS and EPS lately. Nice ridge over GL, lower heights(50-50) underneath.

Oh and just a reminder Mitch, that is my week for a storm :P

Thanks for reminding me because I would have completely forgotten had you not reminded me.  :whistle:

Certainly could be snow-TV next Friday if you believe the Euro. DCA 1000-500 hPa thicknesses start at 538 dm and decrease throughout. Early morning start 34/35. Temperatures struggling to rise to 36 before falling slowly during the 2nd half of the storm to just above freezing. ~2/3 of an inch of precipitation.  White rain? 

Sunday's clipper only brings 0.07" of precipitation to DC ( a bit more for BWI) and also has a morning start; but temperatures fall slowly from just below freezing to upper 20s by end. thicknesses start at 520 dm and fall. 

9 minutes ago, dallen7908 said:

Certainly could be snow-TV next Friday if you believe the Euro. DCA 1000-500 hPa thicknesses start at 538 dm and decrease throughout. Early morning start 34/35. Temperatures struggling to rise to 36 before falling slowly during the 2nd half of the storm to just above freezing. ~2/3 of an inch of precipitation.  White rain? 

Sunday's clipper only brings 0.07" of precipitation to DC ( a bit more for BWI) and also has a morning start; but temperatures fall slowly from just below freezing to upper 20s by end. thicknesses start at 520 dm and fall. 

The Windytv Euro snow maps show total snowfall imby as 5.25" over 10 days, which is virtually identical to the weather.us snow maps fwiw. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived