Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Today over achieved a bit, but that's common for MOS to be low with these setups. I agree with john that the duration certainly was reduced from how it looked last week. At least locally. The CONUS has been very warm.

Out west skiers are hurting... lots of stuff on social media showing frustration.  Lots of this type of stuff too...

Due to unseasonably warm weather, Snowbird has temporarily suspended winter operations. We will make every effort to resume skiing and riding activities once cooler temperatures return.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Out west skiers are hurting... lots of stuff on social media showing frustration.  Lots of this type of stuff too...

Not gonna get much relief soon either with that pig ridge just offshore....the rockies in CO/NM may get some with the western side of the trough skimming them at times, but further west may have to wait a bit.  

They were off to a fast start too in October and early November...then it went dud out there. They'll prob rebound at some point though...this is a La Nina so the PAC should become more active...at least for the northern spots out west.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Good luck with that. Once the ridge sets in...shut em down. They may get some upslope of the cold can penetrate, but not good. We'll benefit though. #skitheeast

15 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

@Damage In Tolland I may be headed to see the parents in RI, swinging into Tree House is sounding tempting. Between Alter Ego, Bright, and MA what do you recommend? 

Alter Ego and Ma both very good. Bright is my least favorite of all their beers and generally is their least popular. Hence why they have so much left tonight. 

They’ll have another new offering tomorrow as well . And one more new Friday 

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Alter Ego and Ma both very good. Bright is my least favorite of all their beers and generally is their least popular. Hence why they have so much left tonight. 

They’ll have another new offering tomorrow as well . And one more new Friday 

Alter Ego sounded pretty good from the description.

We're supposed to be accumulating less stuff for the move, not more beer, but oh well... :beer:

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Treat yourself.. you’re gonna be a father! 

Alter Ego is the little brother of Julius.

Its good.

You going Thursday or Friday?

I'm driving down tomorrow I think and would be roughly passing it around opening. Friday I may have some errands to run which would make it more difficult.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d like to see you and Legro get on Untappd. Such a great app

I actually have the app, I just haven't started using it. I'm also a crap ranker. 

I was just talking with X about it, and we could really drink a different brewery each day of the week and never be disappointed. Think about it start Sunday with Maine Beer Co, then Monday Bissell, Foundation, Lone Pine, Battery Steele, Liquid Riot, then say Allagash (if you're into that sort of thing) to cap off the week on Saturday. I would probably sub in Austin Street or Rising Tide though. And aside from MBC, those are all in Portland!

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I actually have the app, I just haven't started using it. I'm also a crap ranker. 

I was just talking with X about it, and we could really drink a different brewery each day of the week and never be disappointed. Think about it start Sunday with Maine Beer Co, then Monday Bissell, Foundation, Lone Pine, Battery Steele, Liquid Riot, then say Allagash (if you're into that sort of thing) to cap off the week on Saturday. I would probably sub in Austin Street or Rising Tide though. And aside from MBC, those are all in Portland!

I'm right there with you, so many quality beers around that I'm always trying something new every week,  I'm a beer whore and snob.  Over 600 unique beers I've logged in 4 years I've used the app.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm right there with you, so many quality beers around that I'm always trying something new every week,  I'm a beer whore and snob.  Over 600 unique beers I've logged in 4 years I've used the app.

I love being a beer snob now. I have some Ninja vs. Unicorn in the fridge at home. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Not that i don't envy where you live but if there is no snow on the ground I will gladly take a day of 50+ in the valley in late November.

Yeah definitely makes sense sensibly.  And financially.  I'm not stoked on how much my latest heating bill is compared to some recent years...really extends the heating season when half the days in November have minimums of 19F or lower.

Fake cold suddenly becomes very real when you have to pay for it, ha.

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Some folks misuse it and check the same beers in over and over. The idea is to check unique ones in each time and rank them. I use it daily. I won’t buy a new beer without checking to see it’s ranking 

55 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We're spoiled, glad we live here.

19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I don’t drink beer but I wonder if they have an app to log my daily craps. If they don’t, here I come SiliconValley. 

Then like Kevs beer level tweets it will tweet annoyingly your crap ranking. Great idea though. 

Runaway Iceberg has reached Long Skidder level 3 today with his morning dump.

Was looking back at some old COOP scrolls like Ginxy and saw this from Dixville Notch from the Dec 1933 cold shot...

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/orders/IPS/IPS-BBF05124-4007-401B-A1BD-CB69A151D235.pdf

It says on the form, "not standard thermometer"...whatever that means. The state record is -47F so that -52F would be close. I'm curious as to what this guy's setup was. The Berlin COOP had -41F from that airmass.

Archived