Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

3 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

It's the central Mass. school of measurement.  I think the guy in Lunenburg still uses it.  You sweep and measure so there is no compaction and just add the numbers up for the total.  Why bother actually taking a measurement for a daily amount?

Or you just chop the first 3" off the yardstick and start from there.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

BTW...I find it hard to believe they recorded 33.7" of snow and maintained a 34" pack at the end of the month...especially with that 12/26 torching rainstorm. The old days were magical.

reality from the COOP at HFD, I am beginning to not like NOW and Climod Xaccis, no wonder the climate record is such a disaster

Capture.JPG

4 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

It's the central Mass. school of measurement.  I think the guy in Lunenburg still uses it.  You sweep and measure so there is no compaction and just add the numbers up for the total.  Why bother actually taking a measurement for a daily amount?

looks like some lazy people made that data base, the observer was not as you say, see my previous post

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea that depth is wrong, you want to laugh, look at Now data for the HFD area which shows 45 inches of depth with no loss at the end of the month. Needless to say I would hit that month hard

Twas near normal here. Probably suppression depression. Either that or our observers didn’t make fake obs?

Just now, MetHerb said:

Or, just stick the ruler in the wrong way...lol

lol, I think it was when we were back on eastern weather several yrs back, We had a decent size storm and there was some young kid from NY i believe that was boasting about how much snow he received and when he posted the pic he had the yardstick in upside down..........................:lol:

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

lol, I think it was when we were back on eastern weather several yrs back, We had a decent size storm and there was some young kid from NY i believe that was boasting about how much snow he received and when he posted the pic he had the yardstick in upside down..........................:lol:

Zonties in CT. I’ve posted the pic a few times. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Sorry to hear.

Had I came back from ww2 in one piece, heck even if I hadn’t but as long as my weenie worked, I would have been a serial humper. Many many kids. 

I think having their first born be jonesing for snow all winter from birth gave them pause...lol.

Hey Steve...more lost in translation COOP garbage. There must be a lot of this. I'm not sure how they digitize this, but it's pretty clear on this form that 34/18 had to be slipped into the 18th and everything else moved down. When you go on NOWdata they don't add that day in and the 31st gets M's. College intern busy dreaming about the girl across the hall?

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/orders/IPS/IPS-39F49F62-8942-4B3C-8FC9-2473B359201F.pdf

Archived