Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

Cool discussion on the snow depth stuff – glad you guys are getting to use my data.  This discussion needs some Tamarack in it though.  I kind of get the feeling his location sets the standard around here when it comes to snowpack depth, but it would be cool to see the numbers and know how things compare.

Max depth at Farmington Coop in the last 10 years: 42, 48, 23, 35, 15, 20, 39, 49, 13, 49

And just for fun Feb 1969: 84"

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My bad, you should,  you won't lose records, the snow depths of your station are also kept at NOHRSC 

My data was always kept on a 5z-5z day. I asked someone many years ago if it was OK to submit data with those obs times and from what I recall it was frowned upon. Everyone is pretty much 5a-8a. So there’s why I never joined.

If you ever see Northfield 1W in a GYX PNS that’s me. 

My data is still on disk, but I need some tools to switch a compatible HDD reader to my dead drive. My first attempt I crashed the heads. I don’t want to pay $1k to have it professionally done.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My data was always kept on a 5z-5z day. I asked someone many years ago if it was OK to submit data with those obs times and from what I recall it was frowned upon. Everyone is pretty much 5a-8a. So there’s why I never joined.

If you ever see Northfield 1W in a GYX PNS that’s me. 

My data is still on disk, but I need some tools to switch a compatible HDD reader to my dead drive. My first attempt I crashed the heads. I don’t want to pay $1k to have it professionally done.

Yeah they want all plotted data to be within 2 hours of 7 AM, but that's not to say they won't take the data. ;)

I'm not sure if we have any reports currently outside their window.

17 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah they want all plotted data to be within 2 hours of 7 AM, but that's not to say they won't take the data. ;)

I'm not sure if we have any reports currently outside their window.

Well I have no problem sending them my data. If I could link it up with C7324 and send archived data I’d do that as well. I just don’t want to be worrying about 6am obs in addition to my midnight data. 

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Well I have no problem sending them my data. If I could link it up with C7324 and send archived data I’d do that as well. I just don’t want to be worrying about 6am obs in addition to my midnight data. 

Where's your weenie spirit?

I'll see if we have any other midnight reporters though.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just wondering.. what time of year /month is a high of 39 normal up there in Stowe ?

Funny you should ask.  I just looked and it is yesterday/today.

Those are the ASOS temps and the ASOS normals today are 39/22.

Since we did 39/1, it'll be around a -10 for the day...all from the morning low.  Still at -3.6 for the month and these warm periods are definitely struggling.  Cold seems to over-perform lately.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Funny you should ask.  I just looked and it is yesterday/today.

Those are the ASOS temps and the ASOS normals today are 39/22.

Since we did 39/1, it'll be around a -10 for the day...all from the morning low.  

Not bad. 1F with the coldest hourly being 5F. There’s a trouble ticket out for MVL though. I’ll have to see what it’s for. I see not 5 min obs in Mesowest either.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not bad. 1F with the coldest hourly being 5F. There’s a trouble ticket out for MVL though. I’ll have to see what it’s for. I see not 5 min obs in Mesowest either.

Yeah I commented on that this morning.  That's one of the larger differences I've seen in terms of morning lows off the hourlies. 

Its been going on and off-line quite a bit lately.  There is 1 day its missing all data too.  Might play into the monthly departure too as there are a few days it was missing like 6 hours of data and stuff like that.  Something is up over the past week.

Archived