Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Matches what the ensembles were starting in the 12-15 day period. Esp week 3...week 4 is almost El Nino look with lower heights south of Aleutians

what are some key components which shape the hemispheric pattern configuration to reflect that of a certain ENSO state when you're not in that state?  Like hasn't the pattern sort of been a reflection of a La Nina state as of late?  Now that would transition to more of an EL Nino look?  I would think perhaps the PDO could be of influence but I don't think the PDO signal is overly strong (looks negative but not extremely negative).  Can MJO activity (or even QBO) have a major influence?  I know MJO activity has been rather robust and if it remains rather robust when it propagates through each phase (given how each phase has a correlation to certain pattern configurations I'm sure some resemble Nina's/Nino's) that could alter the pattern to reflect a specific Nino state?  Also, aren't Nina's for typical in easterly QBO states or is it easterly states are more connected with La Nina episodes?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dendrite said:

6hr min has a 19F in Stafford. ;)

Point is that would probably be upper teens for many. I wouldn't laugh at Kevin for claiming teens just because a 2m map shows 20F. Heck MOS is 14F at ORH.

I didn't question his teens either just posted a 6AM run time map, not understanding your point but OK

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Point is that would probably be upper teens for many. I wouldn't laugh at Kevin for claiming teens just because a 2m map shows 20F. Heck MOS is 14F at ORH.

some of the soundings for Friday night into Saturday certainly yield the possibility for teens for many locations across the interior.  Pretty impressive radiational cooling signal 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Is it radiational or CAA I see a lot of uniformity with hill tops the coldest

Thursday night was certainly CAA but I think Friday night yielded a pretty strong radiational cooling signal.  I thought hill tops certainly coldest Thursday night into Friday with really steep lapse nrates from sfc to 850 but Friday night into Saturday looked like a slight inversion above the sfc.  I looked at a few soundings though, particularly across CT and a few in MA so not sure how reflective this is across the region as a whole.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man all mets are locking and loading Deep winter and threats this month .Here and other places. White Tgiving coming folks 

Can't wait for the weenies worried about November warmth to start worrying about getting too cold too early.

41 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The MOS numbers are ridiculous given they are skewed towards climo out at that range.  I think I saw 4F for MPV.

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m always a bit skeptical of MEX numbers, especially 5 days out.  

But a decent slug of cold looks to be incoming 

Well we usually post them after an extreme run for ****s and giggles. That's why the numbers we post rarely verify. If we took an average over like a 2 day period it's usually pretty close.

On 11/2/2017 at 7:02 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

My take is 180 opposite. Very mild Dec with little snow . Most snow waits till late 2nd half winter 

Is this still your call?  Or are you changing your mind?  Cuz now you're saying things like snowy, and white Thanksgiving.   So we aren't gonna have to wait till late 2nd half of winter for any snow??  

Might have jumped the gun on the Ratter train a bit ....no??   

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’d pump the brakes on any real excitement.

Looks downright cold for a day or two... and maybe some flurries in the favored areas over the next week or so.

Not exactly anything to write home about outside of the 2 cold days coming up.

Ill take normal though 

Have you looked at the longer range ensembles? Looking good for colder risks in the extended.

Archived