joxey
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

6L726yQ.jpg

Seems way overdone. The windfield will rapidly weaken and expand once it makes it north of 40N. At this point my hypothetical cut-off for 50 mph + max gusts would be from Portland ME, down to Newport RI to the CT/RI border at the coast. Very Low confidence obviously, but that's where I think the damaging wind potential currently exists. Have to strongly favor areas in the coastal plain, especially further north.

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Seems way overdone. The windfield will rapidly weaken and expand once it makes it north of 40N. At this point my hypothetical cut-off for 50 mph + max gusts would be from Portland ME, down to Newport RI to the CT/RI border at the coast. Very Low confidence obviously, but that's where I think the damaging wind potential currently exists. Have to strongly favor areas in the coastal plain, especially further north.

Unless the storm intensifies into a tropical storm down south

18 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Plus, I'm not sure Euro is accounting for friction due to land.

21 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Way overdone is an understatement in my opinion, that should come back to Earth in the next few runs.  Those numbers are comical.   Unless this does turn into some powerful tropical system on its way up this way...but I wouldn't be banking on that at this point.  It'll be interesting to see what todays runs show?

Reminds me of the couple runs about 3-4 days out before Wilma phased in with a neg tilted trough and the models tried to give us like 100 mph winds. We probably ended up with 40mph gusts....but the interior of NNE and NY State did get a nice snow event out of it.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Reminds me of the couple runs about 3-4 days out before Wilma phased in with a neg tilted trough and the models tried to give us like 100 mph winds. We probably ended up with 40mph gusts....but the interior of NNE and NY State did get a nice snow event out of it.

40 mph gusts sounds about right for this too...unless your out on the extreme south/southeast coast.   But looks like a good rain event is quite possible either way...which is good.

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

This is awfully specific considering we really don't have much of an idea where the surface low tracks and how strong it will be. Lots to figure out. 

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

If MBY receives a 76mph wind gust, I'll move to Tampa, FL.

Archived