Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Kevin, Ocean State, Bob and all the other "New England Style IPA"  fans should pick themselves up some of this year's run of Kiwi Rising from Jack's Abby.  Top notch!

Had one of the Jack's Abby offerings this evening at British Beer Co in ORH (right near Funky Murphy's).  I can't recall the name but it was very good

On 10/6/2017 at 9:12 AM, Damage In Tolland said:
On 10/6/2017 at 8:50 AM, Whineminster said:

I was up there last weekend, very dull and yellowy brownish

Yeah I don’ t think he’s right . 

Big difference between last week and this week. Foliage progresses. I have no doubt the moth-eaten Nutmeg state looks like hell.

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No sign of cooling or any fall weather thru day 10. Endless summer rolls on

I agree on the humidity being tough, but the temps have not been summer-like.  I've hit 70.0+ twice in the first week of October (high of 70.4).  The nights have been summer-like though.  Only got to 61.8 last night.

Today's progged for 70's then back into the 60's for remainder.  Hopefully a dryer airmass may seep in.

4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I agree on the humidity being tough, but the temps have not been summer-like.  I've hit 70.0+ twice in the first week of October (high of 70.4).  The nights have been summer-like though.  Only got to 61.8 last night.

Today's progged for 70's then back into the 60's for remainder.  Hopefully a dryer airmass may seep in.

Well when our normal highs are in the low- mid 60’s.. it puts it into perspective how warm it is 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It's amazing the gradient between home and up here at the lakes region. Even Brian commented on KCON vs up here. I feel like it's been this way all summer. Congrats exit 18 on north this winter?

Front came through here overnight. 68/65 now, but not too bad with clouds and a breeze. After finally defeating a 2 week respiratory infection the dews actually feel good to breathe in. 1P1 stayed in the 50s all night...what a pit.

Personal update:

General blend of guidance suggests I'll be staying here in western Mass.  However, several ensemble members are now showing a track through central NY (I doubt I could convince my wife to go to the Tug, though it would be cool if I could).

For now, I'm' sticking with the model consensus and persistence.  Bears watching though.

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Front came through here overnight. 68/65 now, but not too bad with clouds and a breeze. After finally defeating a 2 week respiratory infection the dews actually feel good to breathe in. 1P1 stayed in the 50s all night...what a pit.

Bounced around up here all night...mix then attempt to decouple again.

MVL has some fun variation:

2am...57/57

3am...66/60

4am...61/59

Normal Low is 38F.

How long until Fall arrives? Any guesses? This ridge is ridiculous. In july muggy nights are expected and enjoyed, this is just bothersome (I think all would agree).

Looking at the models, it looks like summer keeps truckin' along, which makes me question if this has ever happened before? Feels off.

Anyone think this is the new normal?

4 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

How long until Fall arrives? Any guesses? This ridge is ridiculous. In july muggy nights are expected and enjoyed, this is just bothersome (I think all would agree).

Looking at the models, it looks like summer keeps truckin' along, which makes me question if this has ever happened before? Feels off.

When it's cold and snowy out west, we warm in the east. 

3 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

It's happened before with more frequency than you would think, 1915, 196, 1920, 1921, 1931... gotta run but I thought I'd start with some of the older ones so that the impending panic party that fall and winter are eternally lost to us due to CC

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks like 64 here, but probably more like 62 thanks to a little sun hitting the thermometer. Yesterday was a classic fall day. Wedged in with some clouds, but I tend to like the cloudy days as it brings out the color.

On a side note, they cleared up Rt 109 nicely from the march blowdown. However, that area near Bald Peak country club looks like they tested bombs. Everything was cleared and cut up. 

There's a great little orchard in Wolfeboro. Devlyder Farms. Tons of apples remain from the bumper crop this year.

7 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

It's happened before with more frequency than you would think, 1915, 196, 1920, 1921, 1931... gotta run but I thought I'd start with some of the older ones so that the impending panic party that fall and winter are eternally lost to us due to CC

I'm just having flashbacks to 2001.

16 minutes ago, scoob40 said:

Well the WU Obs under ur post said 73 when i looked yesterday. Says 71 now. Maybe that's from the Falls ?

Actually, the one under my posts are from AQW.  Unless things have changed on the site, you can't like anymore to PWS like you were able to on eastern (I think).

Here's the link to the Pit.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMASHELB3

Archived