Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

4 hours ago, MetHerb said:

Was that written 8 years ago? The tornado was 10/3/1979 which would be 38 years ago.

On another note, 30 years ago on 10/4/1987 many portions of the area saw one of their earliest snowfalls.  I know western areas, particularly around Albany and higher elevations west of the CT River got hit hard.  I had a rain/snow mix without any accumulations.  What was interesting about that was that there was a late snow on 4/28 that year giving a really short window between last and first snowfalls.  I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of that anniversary.

I lived in NYC at that time, but it's also Snowed on 11/11/87. I believe it snowed down to DC as well.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I lived in NYC at that time, but it's also Snowed on 11/11/87. I believe it snowed down to DC as well.

It snowed on back to back Veteran's Day's as well - 1986 & 1987.  Both left 10"+ around here.  The 80s in to the early 90s had some lousy winters but did have some interesting storms.

12 hours ago, MetHerb said:

Was that written 8 years ago? The tornado was 10/3/1979 which would be 38 years ago.

On another note, 30 years ago on 10/4/1987 many portions of the area saw one of their earliest snowfalls.  I know western areas, particularly around Albany and higher elevations west of the CT River got hit hard.  I had a rain/snow mix without any accumulations.  What was interesting about that was that there was a late snow on 4/28 that year giving a really short window between last and first snowfalls.  I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of that anniversary.

good catch--I didn't notice.

I did notice the storm itself.  I was in 8th grade back in NL.   We were in science class when the sky became so dark and green.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wearing shorts to work was a mistake.  We just hit 60F at the office.  With the breeze it feels crisp.  

0.34" of rain last night, though just missed the good storms.  JSpin had almost 1.0" several miles to the south.

noontime temp of 69 at the pit.   COC in the Public Garden. 

33 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

whaat. no, above normal ahole and appetite my friend. 

This is fantastic weather...though today was a little cooler than I expected but still the pattern has above normal appeal.  I'd rather it be up in the 70s to near 80F right now...keep being able to wear shorts and a t-shirt deep into October.  Nights are longer now, cools off quickly.  Don't want to pay for heat this time of year, so this is perfect.

53 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is fantastic weather...though today was a little cooler than I expected but still the pattern has above normal appeal.  I'd rather it be up in the 70s to near 80F right now...keep being able to wear shorts and a t-shirt deep into October.  Nights are longer now, cools off quickly.  Don't want to pay for heat this time of year, so this is perfect.

Upvote

Archived