Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

To much dependency on the run to run and the rhetoric that follows. This I think everyone knows, any location to the W is still in the game. FACT as much as some would debate. Obtaining Major status one might conclude a more Northerly track, coriolis effect... A stout ridge to the north blocking that process. So one looks to other "steering" components, there's a trough. Boils down to placement and timing plain and simple!

oh...it boils down to helluva lot more than that... 

we don't even know if those features are really going to be there ...   

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Obvious who own homes and who doesn't, who lives near the south coast and who lives way inland. big difference living in Wilmington mass and Wilmington NC in wishing

I own a very nice home.   Bring it down-let's shake things up!

Kidding obviously.  I have a sprawling oak on the slope pointing downhill south.  A southerly wind to reverse the natural arrangement would have to be extreme.  It has survived a long time including '38.

gosh this thing is exceptionally well formed with very classical structuring...  Everything about it symmetric and unimpeded looking...  

the models have this thing about 3X this present size or more getting W of 70 W out there in time; clearly we'll have to see this morph into a much larger tempest over the next few days.

It's really interesting to just have days and days of no mitigation modeled like that - this Irma was certainly born into a charmed existence!  talk about a privileged child. 

that's how you know it's going to be a killer ... of what, who knows. but it'll kill something, whether animate or inanimate.  these blithe children of lesser wealth gods, they don't tend to learn or appreciate, or even possess sentience that is compassionate of others.  The "affluenza" of storms...  they just think the world is there for their taking - 

wait, what was I talking about .. oh yeah.  you almost do have to wonder if this thing won't get to some exotic strength for heaving so much integrated momentum.. .At some point, it could end up with 'true' concentric inner eyes... like a faux one at 100 naut mi or something, then one at 50, then a true one at 15...  

hahaha.  

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Kidding obviously.  I have a sprawling oak on the slope pointing downhill south.  A southerly wind to reverse the natural arrangement would have to be extreme.  It has survived a long time including '38.

Damn , just made this comparison from Modis in SE Texas/La, June then Sept

Jun 23rd 2017.JPG

Sept 1 2017.png

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Most here very much want this 

12 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

it's OK.. :)

Wishing for another marvel of nature the ilk of Andrew meeting the shore is not an explicit wish for death....if the reader understands the definition of the term explicit.

People drink and drive, too...lets ostracize everyone who profits from alcohol.

30 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Wishing for another marvel of nature the ilk of Andrew meeting the shore is not an explicit wish for death....if the reader understands the definition of the term explicit.

People drink and drive, too...lets ostracize everyone who profits from alcohol.

horrible analogy, most deaths in Florida were in Homestead, last I looked not a barrier Island, you want to satisfy an unnatural obsession with damage and destruction as long as its not you.  Marveling at nature hitting the shore and divorcing  what it does to fellow Americans is brutally ignorant.

Archived