Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not to be a tropical Grinch but ... but, consuming all data sources to date and also keeping the coveted hope people only think they hide ... out of the equation as much as possible, your chances of a strike up here in New England are still very low - yet, we "weather" the tenor of odious skies.  it's almost funny -

I'm surprised there isn't more dialogue/conjecture being shared about the sub 550 thicknesses and even snow over eastern Ontario on just September 1 - THAT is interesting... 

It was pretty amazing to learn about some snowfall in parts of Ontario and Quebec this early in the season.

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just a small town Kev

Wanting to be called The Rev

Took ensemble member P005

going o-ver him....

Oh he must've been a dreamer
Oh he must've took the GFS
Oh his storm chance is over

Oh Kevin, our storm
Holds south, holds south
Oh Kevin, our storm
Holds south, holds south

3 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

It was pretty amazing to learn about some snowfall in parts of Ontario and Quebec this early in the season.

i'm just floored ... I'm trying to find quick and dirty internet research results for discrete records in that regard - we should probably move this discussion to ..somewhere else, but .. the occurrence its self, regardless of the scale in degree of the anomaly, is consistent with the perpetual negative node over this part of the hemisphere ... temperatures as cited by NASA repeatedly in their state-of-the-climate monthly addresses going back a decade or more.  something is forcing cold enthusiasts into a realm of riches, no doubt. 

11 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Fluctuations in strength are not a surprise. Normal during an ERC and expected. She got plenty of time to fluff her feathers later.

Not to be a kill joy but maybe this thread could tamp down on the rhymes and jingles. Gets old fast and clutters the thread with useless banter.

And we can't stop
And we won't stop
Can't you see it's Dendrite who owns the night?
Can't you see it's Tip who's 'bout that life?

And we can't stop
And we won't stop
We run things, things don't run we
Don't take nothing from nobody
Yeah, yeah

25 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Fluctuations in strength are not a surprise. Normal during an ERC and expected. She got plenty of time to fluff her feathers later.

Not to be a kill joy but maybe this thread could tamp down on the rhymes and jingles. Gets old fast and clutters the thread with useless banter.

If you want the truth I don't even want this thread in this subforum. We have a dedicated tropical forum. We really only wanted tropical threads in subforums if the threat up here gets into the reasonable d5 or less range. So expect some jingles in a New England tropical thread with a d10 storm deep in the Atlantic. 

28 minutes ago, dendrite said:

If you want the truth I don't even want this thread in this subforum. We have a dedicated tropical forum. We really only wanted tropical threads in subforums if the threat up here gets into the reasonable d5 or less range. So expect some jingles in a New England tropical thread with a d10 storm deep in the Atlantic. 

Heh ... not that it'll all matter in a 100 years ... ha, but, if you want the truth...

The dedicated tropical forum folk are insufferable trolls.  I was once unjustly tagged with a warning merely for contributing thought-content that bucked the memes of some f'en thing going on at that time, and had to ask that it be struck from my record - which it probably wasn't ultimately.  That triggered my own hiatus from the social media for a number of months (not that anyone was disappointed, understood)

And, some of the "moderators" on this forum in general are douche-bags in the first order(particularly moderators that are Meteorologists, too) The propriety of their charge as responsible listeners and arbitrators took a back seat to a bullschit popularity contest in a bastion for face-less azzholes - respectable types migrated away, and the crucible of time and their antics purified into a useless outlet frankly.  That was three or four years ago and I haven't been back there since. Who in their right mind would. 

...so all that... hmm, gee, those with dignity are probably not inclined to subject themselves to tat sort of idiocrasy and/or moderators that really need to be drug out of their skivvy hide-aways and exposed.  

Thanks. I'll hang out in the main thread until the karaoke session is over.

43 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Some of the tropical posters are obnoxious.

We want this thread.

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

I remember we were occused of being tropical snobs (josh kush jorge et al.) back in the day lol...now its just full of landfall weenies.  Im not sure either thread is particularly great but whatever.  

Josh doesn't even post here anymore.

But I never had a problem with him.

Tutlehurricane had his moments, but don't see him around much these days, either.

Archived