Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Threat, ah we tone it down. Odds of you seeing anything in your hood approaching major are as slim as Kevin getting a real tornado in his. Everyone appreciates the raw power and met.  You posted disappointment with a Cat 2 and wished for an Andrew into Florida.  Hope you get your wish then I hope you volunteer your time and money to go rebuild or use your training to console those with PTSD. I wish for a Brett onlt a 5 hit in cow land myself. Plenty to see. I suppose that would disappoint many though.

Sementics...I want a landfall of a major hurricane.

Happy?

Some of the most highly priced property is placed right on the beach fronts of barrier islands, not all low income, so I hope that those wealthy folks get the hell out should Irma reclaim some of that exorbitantly priced property for mother nature.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sementics...I want a landfall if a major hurricane.

Some of the most highly priced property is placed right on the beach fronts of barrier islands, not all low income, so I hope that those wealthy folks get the hell out should Irma reclaim some of that exorbitantly priced property for mother nature.

Especially since we subsidize that sh*t. Time for the wasps to get what is coming. 

6 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

I was only 8 years old when Hurricane Carol hit in 1954, but I remember it well living at the time in the Roslindale section of Boston.  It was a strong Cat 2 when it hit and winds did reach sustained levels of 80-110 mph with gusts to 125 across E MA.  At the time, I guess it was the costliest hurricane in history, surpassing the 1938 hurricane.  I remember my aunt hiding in a closet from the high winds, thunder and lightening, to say nothing of all the big tree branches coming down.  It was worse in RI after it hit in Groton, CT at 956 mb.  Those years in the 1950's seemed like NE was hurricane central. You really don't want to see what the devastation would be like if we were hit by a strong Cat 3.  BTW, the potential track of Irma could be very similar to that of Carol. 

Great video out of Cuttyhunk Ma. Its shaky but watch on a full screen and check out the surge. Carol was a beast but would be a baby sister to what the GFS showed today for Irma. GEFS were surprisingly tightly clustered into the SE

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sementics...I want a landfall of a major hurricane.

Happy?

This we agree. Barrier islands should have never been developed on and over the years constantly are reshaped. The people who built and live there have to accept the risk

Steve is right that I root for cat 5 landfalls that I will never have to contend with....but rest assured, should a snowball ever thrive in hell and I should move south,  it will not be within 100 miles if the ocean.

Crazy thingis....the power to make that choice that we all possess is independent of social class.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

This we agree. Barrier islands should have never been developed on and over the years constantly are reshaped. The people who built and live there have to accept the risk

That is all I am saying.

The flooding is just unfortunate,  but that area is more prone to that, though it can happen anywhere.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I guess everyone wont mind paying an extra .25 cents at the pump on gas and heating oil after the Harvey aftermath, And that's just the beginning, You will see this trickle down on all products in the coming months so hope for more catastrophic destruction.

I'll  pay...sign me up.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I guess everyone wont mind paying an extra .25 cents at the pump on gas and heating oil after the Harvey aftermath, And that's just the beginning, You will see this trickle down on all products in the coming months so hope for more catastrophic destruction.

I wish I had shorted gas with what we knew 5 days before LF 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I wish I had shorted gas with what we knew 5 days before LF 

The increase letters i received today from the resin mfg on polyethylene were pretty unprecedented as to how this is going to spike short term but is going to have a long term affect on the economy.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Nobody wants to see anyone hurt, but we all have that desire where the power of Mother Nature is on display and we can't help but sit there and drool while our jaws hit the floor. It's something hard to explain. 

Yea, I know it may not make sense superficially, but I don't want anyone dead.

Hopefully people heed warnings and stop living right on the ocean.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Nobody wants to see anyone hurt, but we all have that desire where the power of Mother Nature is on display and we can't help but sit there and drool while our jaws hit the floor. It's something hard to explain. 

Your drooling is expected and easily explained.  Too many Zimas

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Your drooling is expected and easily explained.  Too many Zimas

Not yet. But hey....we all love winter and how many people die in accidents from winter weather? I was just as bothered by the scenes out of TX like anyone else, but I was rooting for Harvey to intensify rapidly. If nothing else, then to see it defy all current guidance that we have.  I like when we think we know everything about weather and then Mother Nature comes along and says f*ck you. 

Archived