Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Christmas Storm I (general banter)

WeatherNC

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not gonna throw in the towel but my expectations weren't high to start with until yesterday when 3-5" got thrown out there by NWS...and I knew better, was way too early for that in this critical timing type system. Back to reality now and just want to see it fall on Christmas and hope for that elusive inch or two.

All in all it would be a bonus to a forecasted horrible winter for the southeast IMHO! I figure the modeling can only get better for mby and the upstate now.

I'm not gonna throw in the towel but my expectations weren't high to start with until yesterday when 3-5" got thrown out there by NWS...and I knew better, was way too early for that in this critical timing type system. Back to reality now and just want to see it fall on Christmas and hope for that elusive inch or two.

All in all it would be a bonus to a forecasted horrible winter for the southeast IMHO! I figure the modeling can only get better for mby and the upstate now.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a situation like several years ago where Pickens and Oconee Counties got literally nothing while areas just south of Charlotte got over 20 inches. :axe: I will never forget that one as long as I live.

How about that latest nam debacle. Boy do things look grim right now. Even with all the ingredients on the table it looks like someone doesn't know how to mix them properly. I think we would be way better off and have a decent storm if we didn't have the Northern stream at all with this "storm". nam gave me 0 precip when just 30 hours ago GFS showed .5 and Euro 1".

This is a snow weenies White Christmas turned into the Nightmare before Christmas

Im pulling for all you guys that are looking for some snow. I really believe a lot of us will see some flakes, and for the lucky few in GA, SC and NC there will be accumulations. I'm really pulling for you guys down in the eastern part of NC. I know how extremely tough it is to get winter weather down that way, especially east of 95, I hope it works out for you guys. I'd be shocked if you guys down east didn't see some snow considering even when the models have been bad for nealy all else they still showed snow down your way. Heres to you guys digging out! I'll be looking for pics!

Archived