Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The numbers will dwindle relative to movement of the sleet line. 

Yup.

Just now, Siker said:

Yep haha. Was talking with the Professor yesterday and she said she would be able to drive here but not get home. That was the last I heard before showing up this morning to this.

That is a hoot!  AT least do it from your dorm!

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Actually, I do believe that area was notorious for some time for reporting high totals. 

?? Danbury is notorious for under reporting because it is usually the ct dot eyeballing it from their plow trucks. The only time I recall a questionable amount was Octobomb, simply because Bethel reported 5" less. Someone was wrong there. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

?? Danbury is notorious for under reporting because it is usually the ct dot eyeballing it from their plow trucks. The only time I recall a questionable amount was Octobomb, simply because Bethel reported 5" less. Someone was wrong there. 

Maybe that's what it was. I remember some years ago there was consternation about their reporting. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I just took a look in the PA blogs.  Some people are wiping off the board way too much.  Your not suppose to add everything up every hour as the now settles.  Even I still don't like the 6 Hourly measurements with wiping off the board.  I find this method still like cheating.

Archived