• Member Statistics

    16,251
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Mindlesssheep
    Newest Member
    Mindlesssheep
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
powderfreak

March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, CT Rain said:

Playing with the rain/sleet line in CT could really deliver the goods. Sometimes you have to play with fire. 

Lol I was thinking that Ryan, those rates just off of the SECT shore could be insane, BDR actually looks good in this setup and WEHA looks amazing, talk Wiz down off the ledge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol I was thinking that Ryan, those rates just off of the SECT shore could be insane, BDR actually looks good in this setup and WEHA looks amazing, talk Wiz down off the ledge

I'm feeling pretty good here. Worried about some dry slotting and the best snows setting up north of the H7 low but can't find much to complain about to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Glad I don't live there. I ride the line that run.

Ha yeah sorry didn't mean to make it sound like it.

I think that was an impressive run for northern CT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

I'm feeling pretty good here. Worried about some dry slotting and the best snows setting up north of the H7 low but can't find much to complain about to be honest.

I think HFD looks sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Playing with the rain/sleet line in CT could really deliver the goods. Sometimes you have to play with fire. 

Sure hope so! I see upton is now going min 6 max 24 on the shoreline.   Correlation coefficent radar is going to get a lot of use tomorrow in SNE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Obviously the concern is it isn't done coming west

Exactly. I'd be fine with 10" followed by some rain - these things happen and 10" is nothing to complain about, especially in mid March. Would not be fine with 3-6" and then pounding rain all day. Would be a huge black mark on the grade of what has been a fun winter so far considering the temps to finish with getting the rug pulled out in the final 24 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SR Airglow said:

Exactly. I'd be fine with 10" followed by some rain - these things happen and 10" is nothing to complain about, especially in mid March. Would not be fine with 3-6" and then pounding rain all day. Would be a huge black mark on the grade of what has been a fun winter so far considering the temps to finish with getting the rug pulled out in the final 24 hours.

At least we all get a snow day regardless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

At least we all get a snow day regardless 

Man it it's fun to look at that radar. You can see everything coming together all that moisture being drawn up from the south southeast and then the empty coming in in the Tennessee Valley and the Trainwreck occurs right in our nameMan it it's fun to look at that radar. You can see everything coming together all that moisture being drawn up from the south southeast and then the energy coming in in the Tennessee Valley and the Trainwreck occurs right in our neighborhood 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

Exactly. I'd be fine with 10" followed by some rain - these things happen and 10" is nothing to complain about, especially in mid March. Would not be fine with 3-6" and then pounding rain all day. Would be a huge black mark on the grade of what has been a fun winter so far considering the temps to finish with getting the rug pulled out in the final 24 hours.

Not finding an obvious H5 init issue to lean east but admittedly just looked at first 12 hours of various models

Agree with you 3-6" and heavy rain would be pretty disappointing given the expectations of 10" plus that guidance has given us for days.

 

But look at it this way: If we have the 1.8-2.0"+ qpf that Euro / NAM / GFS paint for Boston, we lose 40% to rain (say 0.8" rain), and the rest (1.2") averages 8:1 ratios, we still 9.6" snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hopefully those that have been fortunate for KU after KU since 2013 can suck it up.

funniest thing I've read all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.