Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

23 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

I don't get the exclusion of coastal zones from the blizzard warning - it's not about how much snow you get, it's about winds and visibility which arguably will be lower on the coastline due to paste and stronger winds in general. Arguably it has a better chance of verifying at BOS and PYM than at CEF and BDL even if the totals end up lower there. Not that it matters in the end, but it's weird to me and confusing to the public as they think a WSW means a less intense storm than a blizzard and prepare accordingly even though that's not the case.

It's tougher to get that vis <1/4 mile if it's paste - doesn't blow as much as the powdery kind.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DomNH said:

Probably riding the line between 18 and 19''

Hopefully the RGEM rescues people from the edge of the Tobin.

I can only imagine the people watching their local weather channel....16-20 inches....no 9-12 inches...no 8-10 inches...no we may just get rain and some sleet. Don't forget the Blizzard no Blizzard, perhaps a Blizzard?

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ha actually now I'm not sure...maybe its just slower.

It did look a tick east in the end on the final track...again, as you said, it was mostly noise when we're talking like 10 miles, but if it's real, then it helps out a few folks in SE MA hold on longer.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It did look a tick east in the end on the final track...again, as you said, it was mostly noise when we're talking like 10 miles, but if it's real, then it helps out a few folks in SE MA hold on longer.

It was a bit colder solution with the 0° 850 line about 10-15 miles further S or SE from 12z.  If we can get a couple more tics like this, some areas could limit the taint to a few hours.

Archived