SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the exclusion of coastal zones from the blizzard warning - it's not about how much snow you get, it's about winds and visibility which arguably will be lower on the coastline due to paste and stronger winds in general. Arguably it has a better chance of verifying at BOS and PYM than at CEF and BDL even if the totals end up lower there. Not that it matters in the end, but it's weird to me and confusing to the public as they think a WSW means a less intense storm than a blizzard and prepare accordingly even though that's not the case.

Just now, SR Airglow said:

I don't get the exclusion of coastal zones from the blizzard warning - it's not about how much snow you get, it's about winds and visibility which arguably will be lower on the coastline due to paste and stronger winds in general. Arguably it has a better chance of verifying at BOS and PYM than at CEF and BDL even if the totals end up lower there. Not that it matters in the end, but it's weird to me and confusing to the public as they think a WSW means a less intense storm than a blizzard and prepare accordingly even though that's not the case.

Duration. Maybe they don't think there will be 3 hours of those conditions, before the flip. 

8 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I really like where you are. Shot at a jack there potentially.

yeah, been watching that for a couple runs now, pretty consistent with the best forcing and lift right in this general vicinity, points south, gotta watch where 700 goes, right now I'm sitting on a bullseye, been a while since we jacked over this way, so I'll take... ALY also upped the max potential to 30" for here... insane, I don't believe we will verify blizzard conditions though, like I said, very hard to do, even on coast...

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I never actually make real prediction  but WTF! I say Kevin gets 23, will get 25, Ray gets 21, Jerry gets 14, Brian get 28, money pit bags 32, and J Bennett day and I get 24 and I think Jeff bags 25

what about me man?? I'm sitting under a gold mine??

12 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

Agree, and not (just) for some thrill-seeking headline, it objectively is inconsistent.

Especially if they are sticking to 12-18 on their map (which is 10-16 in the WSW text).

They've called Blizzard warnings for less, and the 12z Euro would very likely have us meet criteria.

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

BOX and OKX has 18-24 all the way back to new haven, thats a bit much, but well see. Exciting times tomorrow, just going to try to enjoy this as it could be the last one for many many months

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Or until Sunday

Hasn't seen the Euro has he, and lol there are 3 chances in 10 days

Archived