Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

I feel like interior NE MA may do really well. That finally screams CF enhancement there to maybe 495 before the cold comes back east. 

The superior model with a superior grasp on the hemispheric setup and the highest scoring model with qpf totally agrees with you. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The one odd thing with the RGEM is its putting the highest totals in the valleys, lol.  CT River Valley jack...Hudson River Valley jack...Champlain Valley even.

I feel like it should be more Berkshires and Catskills than in the valleys.

It has struggled

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

The one odd thing with the RGEM is its putting the highest totals in the valleys, lol.  CT River Valley jack...Hudson River Valley jack...Champlain Valley even.

yeah i feel like it should be like that too lol. Im a valley guy so im riding the RGEM till I die

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, was just noticing that.  I think the hilltowns around those aforementioned valleys will be the big winners. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I've noticed it do that before, I guess the algorithms are off a little on where it thinks the elevation is.  It has been jackpotting Bennington VT for 3 winters now, ummm no.

1 minute ago, FSUIZZY said:

This is your guess based off the NAM and RGEM models? Or do see something in the model itself?

Well at this point I've already seen the run, but no it's not a guess at all. You could tell from the h5 trough orientation at initialization that it would be west.

It is probably 30-35 miles west of 12z.

Archived