Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BRSno said:

Probably giving us 5:1 or 7:1 ratios at some parts of the storm reducing totals + the taint/change. The 10:1 map is much nicer but probably slightly overdone here. 

I find many times here on the coastal plain in these types with marginal temps that 7-10:1 happens so that sounds about right but you can overcome that with rates too.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's punishing BOS right on the water because the sfc is above freezing for a chunk of the snow....like 33F for several hours. So the algorithm greatly reduces the ratio even though that 32-33F temp would be no match for 3" per hour rates.

Same down in SE areas.  Good ole fashioned

Bambi-thumper-adult.png

coming.

41 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

The Euro has PWATs of 1.5" tickling the Cape tomorrow. That's like 250% of normal.

IF it is onto something with that moisture, we could see some of these widespread 15" amounts from just the WCB.

That was the point I was trying to make yesterday when you thought my panties were in a bunch. 

I'm getting a little nervous about power outages here along the coast with the heavy wet snow+ strong wind combo that's forecasted tomorrow. I'd rather we have all snow or just plain rain with any storm system but I shouldn't be surprised based on where we live.

Archived