• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 10th 2017 Clipper disco/obs

14 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

HRRR snows about a 50 mile wide band over rockland and Orange County, for hours before anyone else gets in on the action... obviously not as intense but resembles a lake effect band

The overrunning band is going to shoot over NYC, the coastal development should shift it SE by the commute. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Metasequoia said:

Many people appear to be looking past tomorrow's snow to Tuesday's potential HECS, but here's the latest HRRR. This should make most of us happy. 

hrrr_asnow_neus_17.png

Nice. That was a troll post I do believe from that guy who said it "seems to have cut back". It's a short-term model

5 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Nice. That was a troll post I do believe from that guy who said it "seems to have cut back". It's a short-term model

If you are talking about me, that was not meant to be a troll post. I had read the amounts were down either here or accuweather. Anyway it was deleted. Just seemed people were not enthused about this event, now it appears a lot of people are looking at next week. Really did not mean to come off trollish. 

49 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

If you are talking about me, that was not meant to be a troll post. I had read the amounts were down either here or accuweather. Anyway it was deleted. Just seemed people were not enthused about this event, now it appears a lot of people are looking at next week. Really did not mean to come off trollish. 

No, not you.

3 hours ago, WEATHERBUFF said:

It seems to have cut back totals for everyone.

Models seem to be trending back towards mehh in NYC for the event. The city needs the heavy rates to start accumulating on more than cold surfaces after today's warmth in the 60s, and it might take a while to even stick on grass. Should still be a good few hours, but this is moving quick, and light-moderate won't do it on pavement, particularly if a good amount falls after daybreak. I think the city still sees 2", but IMO amounts to 4" or so that looked possible at 12z likely aren't happening. IMBY I'm hoping a little distance away from the city gets me to 3". The north/east suburbs are still good for 3-6".

• Rjay pinned this topic

radar isnt suppose to look "good" for another 2-3 hours.

Still looks awful, in fact, really really really awful and the temp hasn't dropped much. Pumping the breaks... 

i noticed that upton mentioned in their afd that each storm this year kept matching their 90th percentile forecasts. I wonder if that had an influence on their seemingly (now) high totals 

Still looks awful, in fact, really really really awful and the temp hasn't dropped much. Pumping the breaks... 

i noticed that upton mentioned in their afd that each storm this year kept matching their 90th percentile forecasts. I wonder if that had an influence on their seemingly (now) high totals 

chill, HRRR's got you covered - it's a bit delayed but should be snowing most places by 7 am

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived