• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 10th 2017 Clipper disco/obs

I would go 1-3" South of Rt 78, 2-4" for the Rt. 80 corridor and 1-3" for the 84 corridor. I think someone could jackpot around 4-5", but I don't think it will be widespread. If this was Janauary we would be looking at a solid 4-8" snowfall areawide with lollies to 10".

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Snowlover11 said:

probably 2-3am start time and yes the morning commute wont be good.

If it looks bad a lot of schools in NJ will just call the day, it's the end of winter and they aren't thinking they'll need more snow days. But some here are hinting they could be wrong about that. So 2-4 if it's coming down at 7 am will probably mean cancellation, even if its over by 10 or so.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

I would go 1-3" South of Rt 78, 2-4" for the Rt. 80 corridor and 1-3" for the 84 corridor. I think someone could jackpot around 4-5", but I don't think it will be widespread. If this was Janauary we would be looking at a solid 4-8" snowfall areawide with lollies to 10".

it's March and these storms have a tendency to underperform esp in CNJ, but you can never rule anything out; we had one at the start of March 2015 IIRC that was a serious enough storm, albeit much colder. The one later on the 21st was more typical...3-4 of heavy wet slush with some rain that melted rapidly.

Just now, Morris said:

6 inches for parts of the city on the RGEM.

Been consistently going up the last 24 hrs. 3-4 inches looks good for the city, I think what helps is that the snow starts at night so by time sun angle is a factor there is a accumilation on the ground and highest rates in play

7 minutes ago, Morris said:

6 inches for parts of the city on the RGEM.

It has about one of the most uniform areas of accumulations you'll ever see.  4-5 just about everywhere from Allentown to Montauk between White Plains and PHL.    Those 6 inch areas in CNJ are a result of the vort tomorrow evening with those streamers 

1 minute ago, nyblizz44 said:

Looks like the coastal is throwing back QPF. Intrestin gthat the GFS/. RGEM picking up on this but the NAm isnt its usual gung  ho self.

The Euro seemed bullish on that too. I think the NAM can be disregarded if the other models are that stout on it. The slightly slower movement and decent 500mb pattern could mean a nice stripe of snow with the enhancement coming in from the ocean. 

2 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

probably 2-3am start time and yes the morning commute wont be good.

I doubt most main roads will be snow covered. That's not to say that roads won't be slushy, but we're not talking about more than a few heavier bursts.

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

The Euro seemed bullish on that too. I think the NAM can be disregarded if the other models are that stout on it. The slightly slower movement and decent 500mb pattern could mean a nice stripe of snow with the enhancement coming in from the ocean. 

You are right and I think Upton read it correctly early this morning ordering up WWA for 3-5 rather than 2-4

11 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

Same amounts just east of NYC out on LI though. Slightly less QPF in city area. The best area of precip wont be locked down until it is falling.

GFS has 0.75" liquid from the city on east, maybe some at the very start is slop/rain. The snow rates should be enough to overcome the warm ground everywhere, so this run should be a good 4-6" locally 7-8". Eastern Suffolk might have to go to a warning, and advisories should go down to the Philly area. Models definitely are ticking south this morning. Unfortunately the heaviest looks to be in the morning during the commute-it'll be a mess. 

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived