• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 10th 2017 Clipper disco/obs

24 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

even when taking the temps into account and that it might fall during daylight hours (exact timing still has to be worked out)?

33 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I think is an Alberta clipper, it's a piece of that big storm that's out west and sort of weakens as it crosses the northern Rockies but redevelops around the Ohio valley and rides the arctic boundary. But it does cross through Alberta region.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEFS 18z look great for a 3-6 inch snowstorm

IMG_1628.PNG

GEFS looks even better for follow up storm.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please look aloft. System 1 and System 2 will be non-events. The confluent flow aloft will prevent these two systems from developing. I think a few inches is possible especially somewhere between I-78 and I-84.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Please look aloft. System 1 and System 2 will be non-events. The confluent flow aloft will prevent these two systems from developing. I think a few inches is possible especially somewhere between I-78 and I-84.

wave 2 might be a disorganized mess looks that way on the NAM

17 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Hopefully it's just a bad NAM run. Nothing else has had it that far north. 

Models have been trending north with it all day. It might be a wacky NAM run but this often happens with these types of events, and I don't see much to stop it trending this time. Hopefully other models stop the trend tonight and tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Models have been trending north with it all day. It might be a wacky NAM run but this often happens with these types of events, and I don't see much to stop it trending this time. Hopefully other models stop the trend tonight and tomorrow. 

18z NAM was south of 12z NAM, so there hasn't been any trend on the NAM today. 

Just now, winterwx21 said:

18z NAM was south of 12z NAM, so there hasn't been any trend on the NAM today. 

IMO the 18Z NAM should have been north of where it was based off the upper level setup.  The 21Z SREFs though dont see to be as insanely north as the NAM so it may be too far north.  The Para NAM solution is totally unrealistic, it is as far north as the NAM but develops an intense area of snow over the area as the low develops offshore.

IMO, this will be the thread that saves the winter. I don't think people realize the importance of jinxing the clipper. The dampening out of both system 1 and system 2 will be vital to keep heights marginally high enough off the EC and also preventing more unnecessary downstream N. Atlantic blocking. Both of these entities are needed for a Miller A to gain altitude in this pattern. 

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

IMO, this will be the thread that saves the winter. I don't think people realize the importance of jinxing the clipper. The dampening out of both system 1 and system 2 will be vital to keep heights marginally high enough off the EC and also preventing more unnecessary downstream N. Atlantic blocking. Both of these entities are needed for a Miller A to gain altitude in this pattern. 

the trick is too hold enough cold air in place for Wave 3 and the track of the storm is off the coast not hugging it or inland

3 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

GFS is also north but not like the Nam

GFS would be nonaccumulating snow/white rain in the city and a slushy 1-3" elsewhere. The front gets hung up too far north and cold air takes too long to bleed in. It might be a few degrees too warm but even allowing that, it would be a 34-35 degree lgt-mod snow in the city, which would be tough to accumulate coming off temps in the 50s not long before. It just looks like the snow isn't heavy enough on this to drill the cold air down. One positive is it would mostly be at night.

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

GFS would be nonaccumulating snow/white rain in the city and a slushy 1-3" elsewhere. The front gets hung up too far north and cold air takes too long to bleed in. It might be a few degrees too warm but even allowing that, it would be a 34-35 degree lgt-mod snow in the city, which would be tough to accumulate coming off temps in the 50s not long before. It just looks like the snow isn't heavy enough on this to drill the cold air down. One positive is it would mostly be at night.

There would be accumulating snow in the City but on colder surfaces

1 hour ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Nam still well north of GFS, RGEM agrees with nam

It appears even on the RGEM solution everyone gets in on the action eventually.  The initial overrunning is north but then as the coastal forms everything pivots SE and development occurs into CNJ.  The RGEM is much faster than than NAM through 48 by about 6-8 hours or so 

4 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Nams south, nice run for city, LI, jersey , LHV

Care to post a map? So I guess the best possible solution would be for a nice little thump Thurs night into Friday... have the weekend storm whiff big time to set the stage for a big early next week storm... right?

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived