Total Members
    Most Online
    christopher58
    Newest Member
    christopher58
CoastalWx

Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah your area should be mostly ok. It could mix for a time Sunday evening but I'd prob hedge mostly snow. Latitude will be an issue I think south of HFD-PVD. 

Lol I am slightly south of HFD-PVD. But I get what you're saying, and terrain-wise I am more N CT than S CT. Roads obviously don't dictate climate. I had a weenie moment...

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah your area should be mostly ok. It could mix for a time Sunday evening but I'd prob hedge mostly snow. Latitude will be an issue I think south of HFD-PVD. 

Hey can you lock the old model thread and pin the new one?

Ukie looks a little less wild than last night. I think we're starting to narrow the goal posts. GFS got better while ukie got less impressive. 

Anyone else reading through without pants?

Ekster furiously making a staffing plan at work. Looks like my day shift Monday starts closer to midnight than 8 AM.

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Close. You may just get a good wet snow.

I'm in the same boat, 9 mi from the statehouse. West Roxbury, boarding Dedham. Give me paste!!!

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Ekster furiously making a staffing plan at work. Looks like my day shift Monday starts closer to midnight than 8 AM.

Indeed, for almost 3 days now.

8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

You kidding? Can't wait. 

As some of you know, I used to live up here and moved to DC a few years ago. This season has been epically bad and my life is a catastrophe so wagons north for a glimmer of happiness. I'm going to take a mini vacation in your neck of the woods that just so happens to coincide with the storm.

We're going to get those blizzard warnings at PWM, right? :P 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You kidding? Can't wait. 

As some of you know, I used to live up here and moved to DC a few years ago. This season has been epically bad and my life is a catastrophe so wagons north for a glimmer of happiness. I'm going to take a mini vacation in your neck of the woods that just so happens to coincide with the storm.

Not my call this time. I'll be the clean up crew/load shed. Most likely briefings, phone calls, and social media.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Not my call this time. I'll be the clean up crew/load shed. Most likely briefings, phone calls, and social media.

At any rate, I think it'll be enjoyable. I'll be a few miles inland. Even if I taint a bit, this'll be one of the better events I've seen should winds and accumulation projections verify. Only been to Portland once before. Looking forward to visiting again. 

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You kidding? Can't wait. 

Welcome back -- there's always room for one more. Nothing like a good snowstorm to set your mind right. 

Hope life smooths out for you soon.

7 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Surface temps right now well below those projected by GFS and NAM.

I noticed this as well.  By 5-10 degrees down here in RI, depending how close to the coast you are.  I wonder if this has future implications...

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

You will be hearing from me