Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
stormtracker

February 8-9 Short range disco and Obs - STORM MODE

4 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

White- out conditions in Gainesville 

I concur driving home it's like a blizzardI concur driving home it's like a blizzard

2 hours ago, RidingTheModelWithMostSnow said:

Whomever said something about they knew it was going to snow because it was 70 degrees... Well NY was 60 yesterday and how did that work out for them today.

No idea. Did they do well?

43 minutes ago, mappy said:

if makes you all feel better, Philly airport only recorded .8" 

:lol::lol::lol: 

Much prefer to have seen New York bust (did they)?

Just now, mattie g said:

No idea. Did they do well?

Much prefer to have seen New York bust (did they)?

Nope. LGA was reporting 3"/hr multiple hours in a row this morning. 

30/17 and snow, driven by 40 mph north wind gusts. Some of the snow streamers off the Lakes are making it all the way here, moderate snow in Dale City!

Accumulating on the grass, on the bushes, that wind is blowing it all over the place!!!

THIS JUST GOT REAL!

Decent -SN in downtown DC right now... it stops and starts. While last night disappointed, been nice to watch it snow off and on today.

32/17

22 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Canaan right now is no joke.

http://www.whitegrass.com/White Grass Webcams.html

I was up at Deep Creek earlier and they did much better with this storm as it flipped to snow up there hours earlier than here.

Although we may catch up to them as we do better with the upslope normally, which we have going on in full force now.

13 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Snowing again.  Looks like at least 1/2 the snow from before melted.

That was really cool. After the first squall ended the sun came out and all the snow melted on the grass outside of the shadow of my house. I had a big square of my back yard covered in snow, still do actually, and everything else was grass. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That was really cool. After the first squall ended the sun came out and all the snow melted on the grass outside of the shadow of my house. I had a big square of my back yard covered in snow, still do actually, and everything else was grass. 

Neat.  Looks like the last shower stayed south of you.  Can't believe Stephens City did this well today.  Squalls are usually not kind to MBY.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Another squall looks like it's hitting Kernstown and the southern parts of the Winchester Beltway.  81 covered.

1st squall covered the ground. Probably .15 or so. Need that 2nd blob to get here so I can hopefully get my .25 I need to get to 4" on the year. WOOO H....forget it. Pitiful, but nice to see snow cover the ground and in the sky without any the Sun.

The last snow we had graciously gave me 2.8 inches. At the same time, many communities well to the north got shafted. This storm, I am happy for them as those same north MD communities enjoyed 2-3 inches of snow. I wish they had gotten demolished by a foot of snow. They DESERVE it, and besides, its CLIMO for them.

16 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I have some sun at this location and still snowing lol

The sun came out and it went away and it's puking snow again