Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9 Cold Rain Event

yoda

15 minutes ago, yoda said:

Randy is in a WSW :lol:

You know it's Hail Mary time when 24 hours out we don't even get the "Special Weather Statement."  Ugh...but then again, maybe that's even worse. The special weather statement is like a patronizing choice of words, like you won free movie passes that can only be used at the obscure theatre an hour away. C'mon Euro. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, yoda said:

True... but looks like we still get 1-2"... hopefully

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Verbatim it's even decent in DC, though the cutoff is nasty. Not that obscene solution from earlier though lol.

Why can't we cash out now?

Yes, for sure..verbatim, I'd take it for us.  However, I'm skeptical in the city/close in burbs in Arlington/Alexandria/etc. 

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Man. The NAMs and RGEM are a decent event out here. I just cant see it happening with the warmth we have today and tomorrow. I could see a 2 or 3 inch paste job. But not 5 inches like they are talking about.

Same here, I hate that they don't split our county into 2 zones.  Elevations in the northern part could easily get 6" while I get nothing.

This is probably my last post on this one unless a very unlikely shift happens. The 12z euro pretty much sealed the fate for everyone south of i70 and below 600'. I'm not talking verbatim but the simple fact that it upped temps a couple degrees and shifted the snowfall axis nw. 

The "improvements" in the gfs are nothing more than joining consensus. The meso's have added no hope for those in the cities/burbs in the non verbatim big picture. This isn't an urban/suburban storm. We've been down this road many times in the last 10+ years and this one has none of the characteristics that have upside surprise.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

This is probably my last post on this one unless a very unlikely shift happens. The 12z euro pretty much sealed the fate for everyone south of i70 and below 600'. I'm not talking verbatim but the simple fact that it upped temps a couple degrees and shifted the snowfall axis nw. 

The "improvements" in the gfs are nothing more than joining consensus. The meso's have added no hope for those in the cities/burbs in the non verbatim big picture. This isn't an urban/suburban storm. We've been down this road many times in the last 10+ years and this one has none of the characteristics that have upside surprise.

Agreed...chase to a place like Manchester if you wanna see a good one.

Archived