Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9 Cold Rain Event

yoda

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Accumulating snow is still far from a guarantee imby. 

i think this is a classic benchmark track so i'd bet that DC gets at least 3 inches...>this is an I95 from just south of DC to Boston snow event. obviously as you head north you'll get more because of the cold air and a more dynamic storm. 

Matt and co. covered with everything regarding the storm through its life cycle, but wanted to add something not talked about so far and that's what happens behind the system. Backside of the 500 vort is pretty prolific and shows some decent low level lapse rates creating a potential for snow showers forming over PA and the high country out west and moving into the state during the afternoon. Could be some patchy bonus snow for the area since activity will be convective (squally) in nature. Just trying to add to the run :) 

5 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

FYI - sfc temps for DC metro

7pm - Around 50

10pm - Around 45

1am - Around 43

4am - Around 35

7am - Around 33

10am - Around 32

And it stays at or below freezing all day...

~0.35 falls in DC after 4am - ends by 8 or 9....

See you're good for at least 3 inches as the storm is pulling out. . Now change the name lol

2 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

See you're good for at least 3 inches as the storm is pulling out. . Now change the name lol

Sure.  If the Euro is correct with track/QPF/temps, almost all other guidance is wrong, and there aren't any issues with sticking at 34 degrees given it was 73 degrees today and will be in the 60s tomorrow.  Then I agree.  

Archived