joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9 Cold Rain Event

yoda

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man you guys are uptight, I make a positive post - actually not even positive, I said a run was "OK." Then I get a snarky retort about cold rain, and snap back as a joke. I guess jokes are not allowed unless your post count is over a certain number. Delete it or move it to banter, whatever. Ban me if you can't handle the jokes too, that's an option.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

If you are concentrating on the Accum map yeah. Look at the rates and precip type overnight. We get whacked pretty good.

I was looking at TT map.  I'm also looking at the fact that we don't even get 850's below freezing until about hour 29 or so.  We don't get a huge amount of precipitation after that.  I also expect the surface to lag the 850 by a good bit.

The one ace in the hole is the euro.

Ok. 0z gfs is definitely an improvement over 18z. Shaper, little colder, better backside after the mslp pass. People should really not troll. It's annoying

The runs arent getting worse and worse so people should keep some faith... I mean, this could totally be heading in an awful direction and it's not... there are slight improvements. Stop trolling 

3 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

Man you guys are uptight, I make a positive post - actually not even positive, I said a run was "OK." Then I get a snarky retort about cold rain, and snap back as a joke. I guess jokes are not allowed unless your post count is over a certain number. Delete it or move it to banter, whatever. Ban me if you can't handle the jokes too, that's an option.

I'll try to be cordial. Talking about f'n people's mothers is never a joke unless it's a closed circle of long time old friends which this isn't. It's a public forum. I don't care how you try to spin things. You clearly lack tact, discretion, and class.

7 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

Ok. 0z gfs is definitely an improvement over 18z. Shaper, little colder, better backside after the mslp pass. People should really not troll. It's annoying

The runs arent getting worse and worse so people should keep some faith... I mean, this could totally be heading in an awful direction and it's not... there are slight improvements. Stop trolling 

Its almost identical...I dont know what some of you guys look at. Its slightly colder in the mid levels/upper levels but the same or warmer at surface...the track is nearly identical. I dont know why some people think each run will be the EXACT same run as before. Any change is noise. Period

Just now, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Its almost identical...I dont know what some of you guys look at. Its slightly colder in the mid levels...the track is nearly identical. I dont know why some people think each run will be the EXACT same run as before. Any change is noise. Period

I don't see it as a good run.  I guess you could say it isn't any worse.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

qpf_006h.conus.png

Id also like to add (using the map as a visual) many times we're dealing with very light rates to overcome marginal temps. One aspect (it appears) will be we at the very least will have good rates at times. Heavy precip that falls in marginal temp setups can still produce in early February.

DC/NOVA crowd may not get the accums this go around, but hey, at least we can reasonably expect some good heavy snow rates to watch for a a couple hours. That's a win this winter and enjoy it. Once it's over you'll be wishing you did!

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'll try to be cordial. Talking about f'n people's mothers is never a joke unless it's a closed circle of long time old friends which this isn't. It's a public forum. I don't care how you try to spin things. You clearly lack tact, discretion, and class.

Bob, this conversation is idiotic because this is a weather forum, but a "your mom" joke is literally the oldest joke in the book, and in and of itself is an overt notification that the joke itself is a joke. "Spin" on a your mom joke? What is this, the O'Reilly Factor?  Mattie g made a trolling post in my response to my positivity. His post was literally a textbook example of trolling. I unproductively responded to it with a joke, which anyone who has used the internet for the last 20 years or who has a sense of humor would understand was a joke. I guess this is a family board and some people's senses of humor may be less crass than mine. However, your last statement is ridiculous. How does one respond to a troll? Isn't responding with an absurd sexual joke tactful, because it diminishes the value of the troller's original post? He even responded to it with "seriously?" and a gif, because he gets that I was joking. I can't believe I just typed all of this. And that's all I'll say here - back to weather. Sorry, all, for the distraction. Bob, message me if this is worth your time.

Archived