Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem IV!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What a CONUS inferno on the euro at the end. 

interesting you mentioned...

I posted tongue-in-cheek about the quasi-sonoran release look the Euro had on yesterday's 12z run.  

It actually carried that on the 00z, now this run... although, the magnitude of the 850 md warm layer is attenuated perhaps a little - a trend I suspect continues. 

It's probably a model lark ..obviously... but, sufficed it is to say, if that panned out ...that's your first day of spring folks.  Yes it could snow after that of course - but it would be no different than the first cool shot across the bow in August - but the first warm shot across the bow going the other direction... Anyway, the PNA may correct that if not probably so - 

See ...there's reality autumn and spring every year; and then there is the Julian calendar and the Meteorological ones...  People just don't like to admit to the former (usually) when it's patently obvious that seasons begin to modulate when they do.  interesting..

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That was one of several. Then he blogged about it lol

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/weather/stories/Stormy-Week-Ahead-412452473.html

relevant paragraph after the lede was about snow/ice threat. 

The main storm is still likely to cut to our west bringing in warmth on Wednesday with a period of rain. Temperatures in the 50s would be possible - especially away from the CT River Valley north of Hartford that tends to see cold air get trapped between the hills west and east.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He does the job...getting weenies to be fred up and scared. I do admit..it's fun trolling them.

And exactly. If models shows temperatures 30F below average 7 days from now it would be posted about 10,000,000 times. +30F and barely gets a mention and people just attack you for trolling and being a heat miser. People take this stuff way too seriously - weather is what it is.

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

And exactly. If models shows temperatures 30F below average 7 days from now it would be posted about 10,000,000 times. +30F and barely gets a mention and people just attack you for trolling and being a heat miser. People take this stuff way too seriously - weather is what it is.

The weenies are terrible on social media. With all the crap they give...eff 'em.  Let their hopes be dashed.  In a sick way..the meltdowns are funny.

besides, that canadia thickness tapestry is deep and rich in cold...man... 

Hey, first it gets warm ...then it gets cold, then ...BOOM! 

we almost want a warm surge so that when that cold gets tapped by +PNA you get a couple of correction events that you write about -

Anyways, my guess is the op gone wild with that...at least for us. Even if there is a relaxation, it looks to be short as ridge rebuilds out west.  For once I would like something to give 4-6" and dryslot rather than go to 60 with parakeets landing on my arm...but such is this winter.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Anyways, my guess is the op gone wild with that...at least for us. Even if there is a relaxation, it looks to be short as ridge rebuilds out west.  For once I would like something to give 4-6" and dryslot rather than go to 60 with parakeets landing on my arm...but such is this winter.

We need to squeeze a triple point below SNE. We weren't able to do that in the 12/17 event.

Yeah ... I just read that blog entry and I don't see anything amiss or biased or agenda owning of any sort with that. 

Perhaps (as other's have noted) there is a content displeasure ...and that sort of brings the crack pots out as though, because he (Ryan or whomever) said x-y-z, and they don't like x-y-z, it's discussion fault, and the author most be admonished. 

It really at times more than merely seems to be mentalities that are (fercockta nut bag+pettiness)/2 sometimes ... probably because it really is.

It's not just here and about the weather.  regardless.. . society offers sites for special interests regardless of WHY the contributors are interested.  That's the problem.  Open to the public means openly matriculating just about anything and any one; particularly because when this or any other Internet site owners decided to go down the advertising route, those sites are about profit.  They are not about to cut into their business/profit potential, by screening out contribution when they make money on mouse clicks. duh.  Sorry for the digress... but it's part in parcel why Eastern was better prior to the 'scandal' ...  and there's a whole slew of evidences to support that for those more into science and wonder, and less shinanegans.  

Anyway, good discussion Ryan.  Solid. 

25 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Going to DFW anytime soon?  We need another 2/2/15

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We need to squeeze a triple point below SNE. We weren't able to do that in the 12/17 event.

It seems a battle the models like to set up really frequently doesn't it? 

Like high pressure situates perfectly for protracted mix/ice (to mention front side snow), but WAIT ....not THIS time - we're to believe that the immense power of the low going west will be the first in history to overcome the fluid viscosity and physical limiations of the boundary layer. 

Archived