joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2017 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New record high for Albany with more warming to go.

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT ALBANY NY...

A NEW DAILY MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE FOR FEBRUARY 23 HAS BEEN SET AT
ALBANY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WITH 64 DEGREES REPORTED AT 12:50PM.
THIS SURPASSES THE PREVIOUS RECORD HIGH FOR THE DAY OF 62 DEGREES
SET IN 1984. WE WILL UPDATE THE RECORD AS WE CONTINUE TO WARM THIS
AFTERNOON.

NOTE: DAILY RECORDS FOR ALBANY DATE BACK TO 1874.

55 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Where I was in Nassau visibility was near zero.

That's how it was once I got to the Sagtikos Pkwy. I couldn't see more than 2 car lengths in front of me. Had to take it slow, luckily the road was mostly empty at that time. At times the fog was floating around in large chunks, very weird.

The sun is coming out now, it'd be nice if we could touch at least 60.

8 minutes ago, Cfa said:

That's how it was once I got to the Sagtikos Pkwy. I couldn't see more than 2 car lengths in front of me. Had to take it slow, luckily the road was mostly empty at that time. At times the fog was floating around in large chunks, very weird.

The sun is coming out now, it'd be nice if we could touch at least 60.

North Shore of LI is into the 60's now, think anywhere north of the LIE hits 60. 58.4 by me and climbing rapidly. 

Drove up to the southern adirondacks yesterday.   We had more snow in Wading River when we left at 5am than anywhere up through the Hudson Valley until Lake George.   Unfortunately, no relief from the torch here. Still about 1' in the woods but 65 degrees here now, disgusting February weather.  Top 3" of our dirt road is muck.   Skied in a tee shirt this morning.  Had a good three week run of winter up here..

1 minute ago, Snowshack said:

Drove up to the southern adirondacks yesterday.   We had more snow in Wading River when we left at 5am than anywhere up through the Hudson Valley until Lake George.   Unfortunately, no relief from the torch here. Still about 1' in the woods but 65 degrees here now, disgusting February weather.  Top 3" of our dirt road is muck.   Skied in a tee shirt this morning.  Had a good three week run of winter up here..

Yea the skiing was primo the last couple weeks.. the bases will be crushed this next week

Archived