Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, packbacker said:

Will worry about temps and track later.   It usually works out...

the way all these models are flipping around like fish out of water, details in even the most broadest sense are pretty meaningless. It seems there has been more inconsistency than usual beyond just a few days. 

10 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Expecting that SE Canadian high to lift quickly NE and that low to shoot up west of the Apps on the next frame.  Let's see if I'm right.

So not quite.  The high is still up there, but it's weaker.  The Low jumps from where it is on Pack's map above to off Cape Hatteras.  Probably Miller Bish.

If this were to verify (surface feature-wise) like those maps show, it would probably be a major ice storm for a lot of folks.

10 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Am I the only who feels like we are stuck on Day 10 storm ? Seems like 5 days ago people were talking about a Day 10 storm.

Nah, that was folks hoping for a holiday miracle on the 25th.  That was never more than a cold front. Pyrite, fools gold, hoodwinked, runamuk, etc.  

We're currently chasing a pattern....28th through January 3rdish? 

IF the upper pattern supports that big banana high remaining locked nearly in place throughout the storm, then the system won't cut.  It'll transfer off the lower SE coast, and this will be the widespread winter storm (snow, sleet, ZR) that we've been tracking.  If things shift upstairs and it turns out to be that the high is weaker and also shooting off to the NE, then we will get a cutter, or a transfer farther north, resulting in snow, sleet, ZR to rain to dry slot to backside drizzle or flurries for much of the traditional CAD areas and mostly rain and dry slot farther east toward my area.

Archived