Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

9 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Yeah, I'd love another 88 too but I think we have to accept that was probably once in a lifetime, kinda like Feb 73 for Midlands to coast. Actually I'd like another Dec 1886, from the map I found looks like GSP area got around 26 in.

Just so hard to get a big snow here; mtns blocking cold, warm nose, waa, warm bubble, too far south, too far north, too far west, SER, surface above freezing, to far from coast to benefit from noreasters, too far from gulf to get good train without pushing out cold, downsloping, lee side drying, on and on and on...

Dec 1886 gave ATL 18.5. Once in a millenuim storm ig

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, goldman75 said:

Christmas Day 1989, after Hugo, had like 12-14 inches at Myrtle beach on Christmas Day if I remember right.  The only coastal white Christmas in recorded history I think.  Yeah, I’d take that again :)

I believe even way down here in Beaufort ended up with 5-6ish inches that day too  :lol: 

31 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Seeing that Hawaii snow warning reminds me of he January 88 storm in Raleigh. It was about a week before I recall watching the news about a massive rain storm in Hawaii then boom, not to long after we had the Jan 88 snow.  Petty sure that was the year.

It's funny, but I don't remember the Jan 88 storm in Hope Mills NC (just SW of Fayetteville), although I was six years old.  Seems like it would have made an impression.  I do remember of snow and sleet on Christmas Eve 1989.  That was a good day. 

If someone gave me an option I think I would choose to get a big snow a little bit before Christmas.  Of sourse, Christmas snow is fine too.

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

Yea waiting on it to eject instead of dig. Feel like I'm watching euro. If it'd come on out , it look like cmc

It's like the big -EPO ridge and big PV over southern Canada has slowed everything down with the wave movement....prolonged overrunning event...we need everything farther south

7 minutes ago, griteater said:

It's like the big -EPO ridge and big PV over southern Canada has slowed everything down with the wave movement....prolonged overrunning event...we need everything farther south

Yep. But it's doable this far out. We been tracking next week forever it seems like. But one thing is certain,someone is gonna get a long overriding event between 12/25-12/30. Just hope we can work enough magic to get things to line up over us.

Archived