EWR757
Dec 12 Snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That run pretty much sucked 

LOL.  Succinctly put.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Pretty good swath of 5-6" there

That's what I"m seeing.  As it stands, I guess it would come down to confidence level on folks hitting 6".  High-end advisory looks like a pretty good bet at the moment.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's prob going to be about 6 hours of pretty light snow overnight while it is still quite cold before it tries to intensify a bit around 4-5am. Then the race is on between heavier precip and the warming.

Yeah should look very wintery in the AM. wish the Wed stuff hadn't gone poof but that's OK. 

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looked warmer at 2m temps...gets the freezing line pretty far north even into NNE/Lakes Region but most of precip would be done by then.

Nice event north of I-90 and west of 495 for the best stuff.  MPM to HubbDave up to Dendrite and then Tamarack still looks like the Jack.

SNE winters the way they're supposed to play out.

23.8/7

Those hi res graphics look a little too terrain happy. I wonder when you start tweaking resolution...do you get too cute with upslope-downslope couplets there.

Every time I look at the NAM for synoptic events, the only thing I think is, "damn, if only it had MORE resolution."

Archived