Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Dec 12 Snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Since I get to spend over 2 hours a day sitting in stop-and-go traffic, it's more than warranted.  How I love finally being able to escape that 75 minutes to the Concord rotary.  What a hell that traffic is! 

Who the hell commutes to Boston from the pit?    Seriously that's nuts!   My commute is 15 minutes.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like NAM is a tick cooler near srfc.  At this point, srfc temps and monitoring how the precip evolves are more important than parent low vs strung out low...etc.  

Such a great move 10 plus years ago when I moved from Newton to up here.  Nice to not have to deal with coastal fronts and boundary layers.  No worries about snow up here.  What you say Scott,  3-6 or 4-8" type deal?   Last winters biggest snowfall was 5.5".  Need to beat that!

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Such a great move 10 plus years ago when I moved from Newton to up here.  Nice to not have to deal with coastal fronts and boundary layers.  No worries about snow up here.  What you say Scott,  3-6 or 4-8" type deal?   Last winters biggest snowfall was 5.5".  Need to beat that!

Newton beat that....lol....in fact my guess is Newton's best beat yours 80% of the past 10 years?

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Probably 5-7 there for now. Well you are in the land of CAD for sure. But, not the best for synoptic biggies. Still, Lakes Region in NH is the land where warm fronts come to die. That cemetery extends into ME.

33 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Who the hell commutes to Boston from the pit?    Seriously that's nuts!   My commute is 15 minutes.

Someone who wants a reasonable price for a house and whose spouse works in Amherst and whose daughter attends school in Greenfield.  :)  I'm heading back there now.  It'll only take me 75 minutes longer than my rush-hour commute from Boston.

NAM still suggests p-type issues for many.

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Someone who wants a reasonable price for a house and whose spouse works in Amherst and whose daughter attends school in Greenfield.  :)  I'm heading back there now.  It'll only take me 75 minutes longer than my rush-hour commute from Boston.

NAM still suggests p-type issues for many.

I'll stick with paying 1m and sleeping an extra 2 hours each night.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GFS (12z) and EURO are now nearly identical synoptically, but the GFS seems much more elevation dependent.

Both have about 2" here, 1" in Boston......I think the correction vector here is slightly colder.

It's a really good antecedent airmass so it wouldn't surprise me if models started resisting the warm surge just a bit here. We'll see. 

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Christmas 1980 revisited

Afternoon high in Ft. Kent was -16, spoiled by cheap 9:01 (my obs time) high. 1st Ct lake recorded a max of -24 between 7A 25th and 7A 26th.  Winds were gusting into the 30s, too. \

Edit:  Not sure if it made it out of the upper teens this aft, with little sun and winds gusting 20+.  Wintry.  GYX thinking 5-8" for areas outside of the potential mix zone along the coast.

Archived