Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 12 Snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

It looks like all the high res stuff is dialing things back.  This is probably the best of them.  It's dropped accum in SNE by about 1/3 in many areas (including mine).

nam3km_asnow_neus_11.png

I would say it has cut back more on accumulation totals in S and E areas more than here. 

I've been thinking 3-4" here since yesterday and that has not really changed. 

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

That fact that no one is posting here speaks volumes......

Most people live south of the border. The Northern New England peeps are 'cited. Unfortunately for me I'll be heading back to Lowell since the kids will prolly end up with a 2 hr delay, otherwise I'd be sticking around for another day. 

It's night and day compared to Lowell. We've only gotten about 2" all season, and it's gone, but it's like mid winter around these parts. 

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I would say it has cut back more on accumulation totals in S and E areas a more than here. 

I've been thinking 3-4" here since yesterday and that has not really changed. 

I was thinking around 4" myself, but the hi-res amounts were enticing.  We'll see if the RGEM follows suit and cuts back as well.  Latest runs would remove the advisory from anything south of the Pike (Litchfield County excluded).

14 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

That fact that no one is posting here speaks volumes......

I don't know why you'd expect a flurry of posts on the NAM. It's a crappy model. It's basically been showing the same solution for 4 runs now. Probably still advisory for the pike northward but just lower end than other guidance. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't know why you'd expect a flurry of posts on the NAM. It's a crappy model. It's basically been showing the same solution for 4 runs now. Probably still advisory for the pike northward but just lower end than other guidance. 

Because every model run spurs a flurry of activity.

I wouldn't be too hard on it. It's had this solution more or less for days now. Can't say the same about the euro or ggem. They are just now are catching up.

It may have been wrong for days too, And pretty sure it is

Well if the snow/rain lines waffle a few miles, that will be semantics. It had the north/ late transfer back on Thursday. Meanwhile the euro had everyone dancing in the streets with its snow bomb look. The ggem wasn't far behind. I dislike the Nam too but got to give it its due when it finds a nut.

3 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Well if the snow/rain lines waffle a few miles, that will be semantics. It had the north/ late transfer back on Thursday. Meanwhile the euro had everyone dancing in the streets with its snow bomb look. The ggem wasn't far behind. I dislike the Nam too but got to give it its due when it finds a nut.

We're hoping it found a cashew, But thinking it may be a blanched white

20 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

LOL.

The RGEM is showing a lot of rain south of the pike after a couple hours of light snow.  It may allow GC to remain all snow, but it's close.

RGEM is quite snowy. Gets solid advisory down to about Kevin. 

Archived