Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 12 Snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hoping I can grab a quick inch or two with that stuff coming up from the south late tonight. After that, we drip.

I think you will. The overnight has an overperformer look to it. Probably decent snow growth and we're moving a ton of warm air north with saturated atmosphere....you're normally gonna see some precip with that. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think you will. The overnight has an overperformer look to it. Probably decent snow growth and we're moving a ton of warm air north with saturated atmosphere....you're normally gonna see some precip with that. 

I think that stuff will have good ratios. My only concern is a bit of a screwjie as some models have a brief lull before the meat of the action moves in along with strong WAA from the south. But, I think ORH and points north look to get a good thump with that.  I'm a little curious how that stuff from the south develops later. Someone on the s coast might get a surprise quick 1-2. But yeah, the stuff overnight will probably be stacking nicely with 1SM vis stype stuff before the meat comes in.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

I would think not, That is not enough snow to ride on unless your bombing around some fields, All this will do is cover up the obstructions, Thats how most folks wreck there sleds and themselves for that matter, It would be good if it had some meat to it to start a base.

It's also how my lawn gets torn up lol. :sled:

52 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wonder if interior NE MA and ORH north get a bit of enhancement as SE winds aloft move into the colder dome/higher terrain.  Would turn 3-4 into maybe 5 or so.

That's in line with my thinking. I would extend that north and east into southeast NH and extreme south east maine, away from the immediate coast. 

9 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

That's in line with my thinking. I would extend that north and east into southeast NH and extreme south east maine, away from the immediate coast. 

Yeah. Good look for the area too NW of you up through the Belknap mtns and lakes region. SE winds would do well there as nrn lakes region gets downsloped a bit.

Archived